Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question IS THE OLD TRANE XB-1000 SERIES ANY GOOD?

I have a customer who is buying - brand new in the box - an old 13 SEER, four ton, R-22, Trane XB-1000, TTB048C, and he wants me to install it (on the side). I don't know much about Tranes. Both of us would like to know if it's design quality is any good. He does not care about electrical efficiency - only if it's junk or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfields View Post
    I have a customer who is buying - brand new in the box - an old 13 SEER, four ton, R-22, Trane XB-1000, TTB048C, and he wants me to install it (on the side). I don't know much about Tranes. Both of us would like to know if it's design quality is any good. He does not care about electrical efficiency - only if it's junk or not?
    I think your 13 SEER is a 10 SEER.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Confused

Nope; 13-SEER. Are they any good? Comments?

Its a 10 SEER if its a XB-1000

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A 10-SEER might be even better !!

Confused

Thanx Jimi; but I can't open your post - maybe because I'm a new member. I only graduated HVAC school recently. Maybe that's the reason. Is there anyway I can access that information on another site ??

The TTB048 is a 10 seer condensing unit.
    Its components are top quality.The compressor is heat pump rated and is especially good as a tough effecient unit.
    I have installed a lot of them without problems.
    The question is what are you using for an inside unit?
    Some other questions woulde be who sized this unit for the house and is the duct system sized for this size unit.
    It seems to me that the home owner bought a pair of shoes without checking the size.It might be priced right but it probably won't fit.
    The home owner might be bettor off just putting the outside unit next to his house to impress the neighbors.

Thumbs up

If the compressor is heat-pump rated than it will last. As far as the sizing goes, my heat load//psychometric calculations show it needs a four ton unit -this unit fits. In other words, "(t)he shoe fits." Thanx for the information. What do you think about its reliability ?? How's it going to perform over the years ??

By the way, when you ask me what I'm using for an inside unit, do you mean the evaporator or do you mean the air handler ??

Thanx Jimi; but I can't open your post - maybe because I'm a new member. I only graduated HVAC school recently. Maybe that's the reason. Is there anyway I can access that information on another site ??
    Check your email.

Thanx everyone; by the way, the indoor unit is a Ruud Silhouete II, plus 2, LXE, gas furnace, model UGPL-10EBRMR, two stage fan, 70,000 BTU and 100,000 BTU. The existing evaporator is unknown, but I'd like speciafication feedback on a good NEW evaporator.

By the way, when you ask me what I'm using for an inside unit, do you mean the evaporator or do you mean the air handler ??
    You will need a 4 ton evap rated for r22 with the right orfice or txv valve.
    The outside unit is a tank and will last a long long time if properly installed and maintained.
    The home owner might want to buy a tank of r22 to have on hand as its only going to go up in price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast