Thread: one shot....

has anybody used this from icor international,...says that it is replacement for 22..

One Shot is a replacement for 502/404/408, etc. and LOW TEMP 22 applications. ICOR makes a 22 replacement called Nu-22 for other applications.

Anyway, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm really happy with their 12/134a replacement, Hot Shot.

You'd probably have better luck asking this in the refer section though.

So you have it....

Nu-22 on a 5 ton system tested at ASHRAE "A" conditions has 83% of the capacity of R-22. This reduces the unit to a 4.1 ton system.

In a 10 ton chiller, (100 degree condesner with 4 degree evaporator secondary coolant temperature) you now have 78% capacity or a 7.8 ton Chiller.

Mineral Oil is miscable with Nu-22 technically but it is far from a good match. You should use POE oil with Nu-22. Mineral oil and any HFC have potential oil return issues.

Because it is a blended refrigerant with significant glide, you have a seperation issue in the event of a leak.

And as far as I can tell Nu-22 (r417A) is not appoved for use by ANY compressor mfg as a retrofit refrigerant.

You are far better off looking at R407C, R404A, R507 as acceptable retrofits but.... Why?

just curious doc,....thanx for reply.

does one shot require oil change or txv adjustment?