Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No At Sunset House POS

Originally posted by casturbo
    Change the nozzle and reset the electrodes. Be prepared for a cloud of stinky oil exhaust fumes. IMO, you shouldn't be messing with the burner, but it's your house, your safety at stake too.

How do you expect him to "reset" the electrodes? Even if he could find them?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

No At Sunset House POS!!!

try the spark jump test if its good youll jump

change the filter

Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    try the spark jump test if its good youll jump
    ROTFLMAO
    Maybe he'll jump. Maybe he'll just fall over. Especially if it's 17.5kv.
    Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

hey ive been zapped many a time no mater how hard i try not to. several times i could not even move my hand for a couple of minutes.

Agree, you need a professional to set up your burner. And don't hit the reset button anymore. If true, twice is not bad.

Ok all set, I checked the transformer the old fashion way, and I went ahead changed the nozzle. After a slight rumble and a smokey basement the heat is on. I cant believe how easy It was to work on the beckett afg. Heck even a caveman could of done this.

Originally posted by scotty123
    Ok all set, I checked the transformer the old fashion way, and I went ahead changed the nozzle. After a slight rumble and a smokey basement the heat is on. I cant believe how easy It was to work on the beckett afg. Heck even a caveman could of done this.
    Maybe so, But a trained caveman would have made sure it was set up right.
    Just because I can read a chiltons book, and put an engine together, does that mean it won't need tuned when I'm done ?

[Edited by Toolpusher on 04-15-2005 at 08:24 AM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

So tell us, why did the nozzle plug up? A plugged nozzle can be caused from something benign like dirt in the oil, or something much more serious like heat build up from a plugged heat exchanger. What efficiency is the unit running at? Did you do a good cleaning and tuning after burning that excess oil off? My point is, you need proffesional tools and equipment to properly set up any oil burner. I don't care if you want to do it yourself, but at least learn about it and buy the tools you will need to do it right. You can no longer "set" the flame by eye. You must use special instruments to set these burners.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toolpusher
    [B]
    Originally posted by scotty123
    Well great, you got the heat back on. You got your draft guage out and made sure the draft over fire was set correctly and your vent draft was set. Good. You got your T guage out and made sure the points were aligned properly, great. Im sure you were relieved when you checked the oil pressure and made sure it was at the proper pressure. You made sure the nozzle was the correct GPM spray pattern and angle, and changed the oil filter, sweet. You checked the transformer "the old fashion way" which I'm sure means you used the proper meter to check it, wonderful. You checked all the safeties to make sure they are functioning properly.

Yep, since you have all the proper tools, meters and knowledge to do all the above, Im sure everything is peachy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12