Thread: For Robo

I have a GC who is adamant that he get a bid on 7.5 tons( 3 systems) of Janitrol residential heating & air.
    Can you please note any differences between Janitrol and Goodman.(Notwithstanding the obvious)I wasn't aware there were any.
    I have done some Goodman replacement and installation work because we have a local distributor, but I don't really want to travel 2 hours and open up yet another account for the same basic equipment, especially when I can get local parts, pricing and convenience. Thanks for any answers you (or anyone else) can provide.

[Edited by chillbilly on 04-11-2005 at 10:09 PM]

the differences are only J and G. lol. I don't think they use the name Janitrol anymore. Just Goodman. Although you could check there website.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

You forgot GMC.

All the same.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

gmc/chevy whats the difference?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Janitrol, Goodman and GMC (Goodman Manufacturing Company) are all exactly the same product with different labels...if you happen to put a label on it.

The company is trying to eliminate the Janitrol name but seems to have a few territorial issues in doing so as of yet.

Janitrol was a very old company most noted for its unit heaters when Harold Goodman bought it. The Goodman name became more prominent in the 90s as the Janitrol name has decreased in usage.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thanks Robo. I have a GC who is a bit of a dictator and I needed some facts to give him to assure him that the people he is building for are getting the same product.
    They want Janitrol and their ignorance (and his) knows no boundary when it comes to our business.
    I'm almost ready to tell him what he can do with the bid I have on the job, but my better half tells me not to do it.

Just tell him to look at any manufacturing label on any Janitrol product. They all list Goodman Manufacturing as the company.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV