help-hvac equipment

Question

Hi everyone. I am building a 3600 sq/ft 2 story home in mass, 1st floor 2200sq-2nd 1400sq. I would like to do a combination of hydro-air and some radiant. The radiant would go in the kitchen-half bath-laundry and master bath rm all on 1st floor. The total for this section is about 825sq/ft. The rest would be hydronic air. There are a lot of choices as to brands of equipment available. A hvac contractor I talked to (and liked very much) uses american standard along with a buderus boiler and hotwater tank. I asked him what he thought the cost would be and said around 22,000. 1. Is that cost reasonable? 2. How would you say the equipment is? 3. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time. Rickn

The equipment is good stuff. As far as price, it's hard to say, no two jobs are the same. We are also not supposed to get into pricing questions on the forum. Trust your contractor, but get other quotes if in doubt.

Rickn

I have a Buderus Boiler and 40 Gal DHW Tank along with a hydroair setup. I will tell you that Buderus makes some very nice equipment. If you can afford it, you sould buy the logmatic control for it