+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YK 4 Button Level Sensor

Post Likes

YK 4 Button Level Sensor

On the liquid level sensor with 4 buttons, what is the setting for min. and max voltage. The SI187?? doesnt say the min/ max. The older style uses .37 and 4.13vdc. Is it the same on these?

Post Likes
    You can check the output response of the sensor board across sensor terminals 2 and 3. They are using 0-5VDC there. Also check terminals 1 and 2 on the sensor board as well, should be 11 vdc there for input to sensor. Now if we can only get the bugs worked out of the level sensor's on the aircooled's! Hope that helps...

Post Likes
    If I am correct you can put your meter across 2 & 13 to read volts at the micro panel board min. is as close to zero as possible and max. is 4.99 volts.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    I,m going off of memory here, but i thought the SI says hold the min. button and Optiview should read 0% not < 0%. Hold the Max. button and Optiview should read 100% and NOT > 100%.?
    On the style E chiller with 2 pot sensor it says .37Vdc, for minimum level (CDW flow for some time to ensure at min. level) And run it up to 1/4" over glass should read 4.31 Vdc.
    Are these 2 different sensors not inter changeable on the chiller.
    In other words , how is 0VDc on one sensor the same as .37Vdc on another sensor, and 4.31Vdc versus 5.00 Vdc.
    I know the style E and G have different main boards -2430-001 and -1737??-001, but I thought the SI refers to this as a replacement for the 2 pot sensor.
    Thanks for the help

Post Likes
    There are two style level probes one with buttons and one with pots the one with buttons is the lastest version , the way that I calibrate is as follows doesn't matter which micro board you have I us pointy tip meter probes and stick them in terminal #2 positive and #13 negative chiller is shut down variable orifice is wide open press the Min & Edn button should read 0 vdc or close to then go to compressor screen and close down the variable orafice to almost shut press the hold button to lock most likely about 1/2" before the stop on the stroke then lock the current limit to 50 % put in local or start normal and observe your sight glass on condenser when its 3/4 full press the Max & Fup button you should read 4.99 vdc your done release chiller and let it run normal its that simple.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Both sensor heads are interchangable. The low calibration point on both are between 0 and .43VDC, just different means of doing so, one being potentiometer and then pushbuttons on other. The top calibration point is 5 VDC on both as well. SI076 explans it in detail. Hope that helps ya.

Post Likes
    Thanks 56 and NC. That explains that

Post Likes
    is there a bulletin on this ,anybody!@?
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in