+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Green Are you?

Post Likes

How Green Are you?

I was just wondering how environmentally conscious each of you are, and what sort of things that you do, or don't do to contribute to that.

Post Likes
    I am green on the selling end. Any time I get a decent project, I try to upsell to higher efficiency equipment. Bid a job replacing forty systems in a light commercial building. Got it using prices for what was specified, ten seer stuff, but was able to upsell to thirteen seer at the last minute for just the added cost. Good for client, made us feel greener. did the same with a school boiler job. Equipment specified was cast iron weil mclain. Once I had the job, i negotiated mod cons instead. Thats my way of being green.

Post Likes
    < Insert anti corporate/media sponsored green bull**** rant here >

*Population and economic growth nullify all "green" initiatives and jevon's paradox applies. The only way to "be green" for real is to not purchase unnecessary crap and not have children. (abortion and suicide are "green" )

Post Likes
    I start every 2 stroke engine I have in the garage every day and let them run for a half hour or so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I start every 2 stroke engine I have in the garage every day and let them run for a half hour or so.
    Hmm. I should buy more 2 stroke engines. The 4 stroke engines in my tractors, mowers and the like all died when they started putting this "green" bull$h!t called alcohol in our gasoline supply.

I'm actually not kidding. How environmentally responsible is it to pollute our gasoline supply here in the US to the extent that all of our older engines burn up?

And now I hear they've just lifted the cap from 10% poison to 15% poison. There go the engines on all cars built more than 20 seconds ago...

Post Likes
    I'm all about green.

It keeps the green flowing into my wallet.

That is, after all, the REAL color of the green movement. MONEY!

Post Likes
    Let's see, how green am I...

I installed a The BIASI B-10 Boiler, Riello burner and phase III indirect WH about five years ago and burned under 500 gallons last year. I also put about 3000 miles on my bicycle in 2010. Don't think I'll get to do that again too soon. Was laid off from April to October.

That's about it.

Post Likes
    i`m Irish is that green?
    GOOD WORK IS NOT CHEAP! AND CHEAP WORK IS NOT GOOD!

IF YOU THINK A GOOD HVAC COMPANY IS EXPENSIVE. THEN YOU SHOULD TRY A BAD ONE.

Post Likes
    Depends. I'm roughly 1/4 Irish but I'm orange Irish- no green involved...

Post Likes
    Using R-22 in RTU´s itsnt green ???

Post Likes
    Yes I am tired of all this left wing crap too! The forces behind the eco movement are communists & there goal is to end capitalism. Wish they would just come out of the closet & tell it like it is. But they can't be honest about who they are because everybody knows how there game always ends; with millions of people dead.. END RAnt.

In my life I have always been aware of the environment & done my best to be a good steward of our earth. I am all for people taking reasonable steps to lesson there impact on our invironment. The tax credit helped out selling more efficient , more expensive equiptment which put more dollars in my pocket (more green). But on the other hand it has added to the insane debt of our country & prolly not done much else... On a side note, recycling old coils and line sets has been very green for me.. lol..

Post Likes
    I also like to heat my home by burning old tires, helps keep em out of land fills.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Depends. I'm roughly 1/4 Irish but I'm orange Irish- no green involved...
    A Ginger?

Post Likes

Cool

WoW do you open the door? Thats hard core man!

Post Likes
    I`m doing my part for the green enviroment.
    I quit farting in public

Post Likes
    most of my bikes are vintage 2 strokes

Post Likes
    I will be green when the air line have emmision inspection alone with the space shuttle
    GOOD WORK IS NOT CHEAP! AND CHEAP WORK IS NOT GOOD!

IF YOU THINK A GOOD HVAC COMPANY IS EXPENSIVE. THEN YOU SHOULD TRY A BAD ONE.

Post Likes
    Wow, love the old bikes!

Post Likes
    I'm a save-the-whales-collect-the-whole-set kind of guy but I think I'm still greener than Algore
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Post Likes

Black and blue, and a little green

I dont know about green, but I cracked my head on a valve today and it sure is black and blue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in