+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30GT130k610KA exv problem

Post Likes

Question 30GT130k610KA exv problem

We have a customers 30gt130 with old domed exv's ,1 bad exv stepper motor (one open winding in exv) Carrier pn.30gt660003 repair kit, nla, obsolete,anybody have any nos kits on shelf? Found used on ebay. dont want to install new cartrige style exv unless absolutly necessary. Thanks

Post Likes
    New style is much cheaper!!!!

Post Likes
    If it is for a customer, just pass on the cost. Tell them that this is what happens when you have an older chiller. Do it right the first time, and repalce with a newer style. But, I guess that if you are searching this must be a full maint. contract and you are trying to save labor.

Post Likes
    Customers cost, trying to hold cost down for owner, we are already doing other work on both chillers.I have had problems in past with older carrier microprocessors intergrating with newer parts. Do the newer cartrige style 1500 step exv's talk to the domed style processor? unit model 30GT130K610KA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    If it is for a customer, just pass on the cost. Tell them that this is what happens when you have an older chiller. Do it right the first time, and repalce with a newer style. But, I guess that if you are searching this must be a full maint. contract and you are trying to save labor.
    Regardless if it's full maintenance a new motor is way more expensive than a new exv assembly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by choya56 View Post
    Customers cost, trying to hold cost down for owner, we are already doing other work on both chillers.I have had problems in past with older carrier microprocessors intergrating with newer parts. Do the newer cartrige style 1500 step exv's talk to the domed style processor? unit model 30GT130K610KA
    Of course they will "talk" withe the micro.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    http://www.us-ac.com/ try this company on the west coast us air conditioned they was the main part supplier for carrier equipment on the westcoast now they manage york but still they have some carrier parts for old chillers in stock i will try to see if i got the part in my warehouse.
    regards
    oscar

Post Likes
    Thank you, will give them a try.
    choya

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in