View Poll Results: Should the Chiller Forum become Pro Only?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Only, I want to share better info

72 65.45%
  • I want two Forums, Pro and Open

18 16.36%
  • No, don't change it

20 18.18%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

It has been brought to my attention that some of the Chiller Pro's would like to make this forum Pro Only or closed to outside/non-member viewers.

In doing so this would give you guys the capability to exchange documentation and greater detail your explanations/questions/replies.

not sure by doing this if that people will actually give more info. alot of info ,pdf,maunals and other already here., i would be excited if the pro will b TWICE as better.. great already!!!.,., more pics would be great!

also, i was a reg member for a while before becoming pro...i guess that someone would have to get the counts up in commercial then apply for pro.,.,

i love pro
    my vote in
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithg01 View Post
    I happen to be a certified professional in this trade for more than 21 years. I like this site alot and I would gladly apply for pro but what I don't like is the fact that you are required to make a certain amount of posts within a certain amount of time. I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but it's just not for me.
    A similar issue was brought up in the Controls Forum when it went Pro.

amickracing, heavymetaldad and heaterman....

If you guys bring me names of guests that qualify as Pro (in your opinion) for the Chiller Forum I will circumvent the Membership Committee and reset their site status to Pro. Just send me a list via PM.

Note: I will reserve the right to reject anyone that in the staff's opinion would not be a good choice.

thx

I voted

I'm good. Thanks for asking.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

I reckon, Mmm-Hmmm.

Got any more o' dem fried taters?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Quote Originally Posted by keithg01 View Post
    I happen to be a certified professional in this trade for more than 21 years. I like this site alot and I would gladly apply for pro but what I don't like is the fact that you are required to make a certain amount of posts within a certain amount of time. I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but it's just not for me. I would like to chime in at random and help whenever I spot someone with a problem that I am familliar with or have encountered myself so that I could in turn offer my best possible advice. I think it's easy enough to keep out the majority of DIYs by requesting certification numbers or licensing info and store it with thier e - mail address. If your really that concerned about DIYs, than require the applicant to provide references ( employers, union local etc.) It is because of this "pros" section that I now have to search other sites for answers because I have no access so in turn, I will not be so eager to return the favor.
    Ah, you're not missing much. I find that there's way more info given to the New Members than you might think. There's a bunch of Chatty Cathys here. Hahaha

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to copy that Pro form.

I really don't care either way, so I voted not to change it.

How many DIY chiller repairmen are there anyway? Well, even if there are a bunch, if they want to break their chiller it doesn't make me any difference.

As far as sharing info, I thought most of that was done via PM.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Had to post to see if I am a Pro, if I am , I vote for change, if not,no.

hey I am with you there...have the certifications and license, just dont post that much . The Site is reallly helpful and a lot of good info is around not to mention some very smart Techs to back it up...

Quote Originally Posted by rtac View Post
    hey I am with you there...have the certifications and license, just dont post that much . The Site is reallly helpful and a lot of good info is around not to mention some very smart Techs to back it up...
    If you would join in and these guys will vouch that you are a chiller guy I'll change your account myself.

We are here to help but have rules to help us. Glad you are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    A similar issue was brought up in the Controls Forum when it went Pro.

amickracing, heavymetaldad and heaterman....

If you guys bring me names of guests that qualify as Pro (in your opinion) for the Chiller Forum I will circumvent the Membership Committee and reset their site status to Pro. Just send me a list via PM.

Note: I will reserve the right to reject anyone that in the staff's opinion would not be a good choice.

thx
    I vote for Pro only.

I would also like to add the name of RichardL for consideration. He has never applied for any special status, but if Lundsford doesn't qualify a whole bunch of us don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
    I vote for Pro only.

I would also like to add the name of RichardL for consideration. He has never applied for any special status, but if Lundsford doesn't qualify a whole bunch of us don't.

OK... Do I have a second from another Pro Member on changing RichardL to a Professional Member?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast