View Poll Results: Should the Chiller Forum become Pro Only?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Only, I want to share better info

72 65.45%
  • I want two Forums, Pro and Open

18 16.36%
  • No, don't change it

20 18.18%
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Chiller Forum Going Pro? VOTE HERE NOW

It has been brought to my attention that some of the Chiller Pro's would like to make this forum Pro Only or closed to outside/non-member viewers.

In doing so this would give you guys the capability to exchange documentation and greater detail your explanations/questions/replies.

Therefor I put it to you for vote. This pole will end on Feb 28, 2011. Majority vote wins.

Pro Only = I will simply lock this forum to our Professional Members Only.

Pro and Open = I will leave this forum as is and make another Professional Chiller Forum so you will have both. (Similar to the Controls Area)

No, don't change it = I leave it as is because I don't want to join as a Professional Member.

I happen to be a certified professional in this trade for more than 21 years. I like this site alot and I would gladly apply for pro but what I don't like is the fact that you are required to make a certain amount of posts within a certain amount of time. I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but it's just not for me. I would like to chime in at random and help whenever I spot someone with a problem that I am familliar with or have encountered myself so that I could in turn offer my best possible advice. I think it's easy enough to keep out the majority of DIYs by requesting certification numbers or licensing info and store it with thier e - mail address. If your really that concerned about DIYs, than require the applicant to provide references ( employers, union local etc.) It is because of this "pros" section that I now have to search other sites for answers because I have no access so in turn, I will not be so eager to return the favor.

I cast my vote.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

...Btw I am also a union member.

Quote Originally Posted by keithg01 View Post
    I happen to be a certified professional in this trade for more than 21 years. I like this site alot and I would gladly apply for pro but what I don't like is the fact that you are required to make a certain amount of posts within a certain amount of time. I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but it's just not for me. I would like to chime in at random and help whenever I spot someone with a problem that I am familliar with or have encountered myself so that I could in turn offer my best possible advice. I think it's easy enough to keep out the majority of DIYs by requesting certification numbers or licensing info and store it with thier e - mail address. If your really that concerned about DIYs, than require the applicant to provide references ( employers, union local etc.) It is because of this "pros" section that I now have to search other sites for answers because I have no access so in turn, I will not be so eager to return the favor.
    Come on Keith! Ya got 8 posts already, you are better than half way there, what's it gonna hurt? Nothing, what's to gain? A lot! Besides, judging from the poll vote so far, you're gonna be left out if you don't step up soon. As far as keeping out the DIYers, THAT'S what the pro forums do.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Ok, I will try. And thanks Heaterman, I'm begining to feel the love here !

Let go guys cast your vote keep them coming please thanks.
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

I'm for pro only. There's a lot of money tied up in those machines, and someone can cause a good deal of harm to them if they aren't careful.

Not to mention, the DIY'ers will still post chiller questions in the commercial forum anyway.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Keep the vote coming.
    mud.

Count me in, I'm not really thrilled about sharing sensitive info on the open forum. Mind you there's a few pro's I really have to question too.

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    I'm for pro only. There's a lot of money tied up in those machines, and someone can cause a good deal of harm to them if they aren't careful.

Not to mention, the DIY'ers will still post chiller questions in the commercial forum anyway.
    Ditto!
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

Thank you for offering this poll.
    I'm in.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast