Hi guys,
    Will appreciate any information on good HVAC companies in Northern & Central NJ areas. I'm relatively new to the area, worked for 8 years in NYC residential/commercial service, some refrigeration. Looking for a change, more challenging work, better work conditions. Will consider everything , but union shops will be my first choice.

Hmm

you don't want the city or what?on the commercial end what style of units did you work on...chillers air and water cooled,self contained,tranes yorks etc.York International(E42nd street office)in the city is looking for a commercial tech with new start-ups as part of the job.they have all the CVSs stores and just picked up the GAPS clothing chains.their 638B and will get you in within 3 months of getting hired....if you consider yourself a lead mechanic you could probably hit them for over scale(30 +)and as for a challenge you'll get it working for that group.if you interested i can give you a contact within who cornered me the other day in midtown,even Trane over in L.I.C is looking for commercial techs with the same union deal.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

_you don't want the city or what?on the commercial end what style of units did you work on...chillers air and water cooled,self contained,tranes yorks etc.York International(E42nd street office)in the city is looking for a commercial tech with new start-ups as part of the job.they have all the CVSs stores and just picked up the GAPS clothing chains.their 638B and will get you in within 3 months of getting hired....if you consider yourself a lead mechanic you could probably hit them for over scale(30 +)and as for a challenge you'll get it working for that group.if you interested i can give you a contact within who cornered me the other day in midtown,even Trane over in L.I.C is looking for commercial techs with the same union deal._____________________________________________ _____________

City is O.K. I'm working in the city every day for the last 3 years. Before I worked all over the place. Now i live in NJ , but not too far away. I was going to try NJ market. But if I find good company in NYC willing to hire me I , definetely, will try to get in. As far as Trane and York ,sounds pretty good. If You can provide me with some contacts I will appreciate it very much,Maxster.

you can try Trane up in Parssipany(north jersey trane office)and or York International,i think in Edison.they have national contracts and are always in the market for a commercial tech.the Manufacturer groups are lazy when it comes to hiring because they make all their connections on jobs,and start-ups with other companies and steal their techs with offers if the guy is good.

Originally posted by maxster
    you can try Trane up in Parssipany(north jersey trane office)and or York International,i think in Edison.they have national contracts and are always in the market for a commercial tech.the Manufacturer groups are lazy when it comes to hiring because they make all their connections on jobs,and start-ups with other companies and steal their techs with offers if the guy is good.
    LMAO that is how I was hired !!

the York contact is Bianco Callender he runs the commercial group at 1(212)949-1800 at 60 EAST 42ND STREET office,his main concern is that you won't have to be baby sat while out in the city working(it is a new position for him also).your refrig experience is a big plus added to the working in the city itself,so yuk it up,they also cover the refrigeraion in the CVSs.money wise go for the high 20s and if you can handle new start-ups installed by others as a York tech don't hesitate to tell him.that York office only does Manhattan he might cover it all in the commercial group.good luck....tell him if he asks "how did you get my name" i was talking to that Heritage/Afgo tech you know(can't remember his name),and he gave me your name from the business card you gave him.

Originally posted by maxster
    the York contact is Bianco Callender he runs the commercial group at 1(212)949-1800 at 60 EAST 42ND STREET office,his main concern is that you won't have to be baby sat while out in the city working(it is a new position for him also).your refrig experience is a big plus added to the working in the city itself,so yuk it up,they also cover the refrigeraion in the CVSs.money wise go for the high 20s and if you can handle new start-ups installed by others as a York tech don't hesitate to tell him.that York office only does Manhattan he might cover it all in the commercial group.good luck....tell him if he asks "how did you get my name" i was talking to that Heritage/Afgo tech you know(can't remember his name),and he gave me your name from the business card you gave him.
    Thanks Maxster, I will give that guy a call. As far as Trane office in Parssipany I prettyu sure they are non union shop, but it wouldn't matter that much, but I just searched their site and where is no current job oppenings for NY and NJ.

some offices hesitate to put up their needs on the Trane site because they have a national headhunter that does it out of LaCrosse,so they stay more to the home area and do it thru the jobs.now would be a perfect time to send them a resume over in L.I.C. and follow it up at the end of the month for May consideration.same with 638B shops you sometimes see their adds in Newsday,because they are scared what the union will send over and have knock on their door.

I will try that. Do You know , by any chance, names and numbers Trane in LIC, or should I just send it to their general fax number?

Hey Maxster, I called Your friend today, he asked for Your name , but I couldn't remember it. He asked for resume , I am updating it right now. Hope everything will go well.
    I just need to ask You a question off the forum. Can You write me at super_vasia@yahoo.com. Promise will erase Your e-mail from my computer after that.Looking forward to hear from You. Thx.

trane new york

http://www.trane.com/newyork attention "service manager" if you mail it in!