+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heading to Cancun in the morning!

Post Likes
    We'll be at the Moon Palace, hopefully they have wireless, (since I cant get in the water).

Any recommendations?

Post Likes

damn

You lucky dog.... have fun.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes
    Why can`t you go in the water?

Post Likes

EITHER

He can't swim, or his anatomy is abnormal..
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes
    Lucky you! I've been to Cancun 4 times - I think it's the greatest place I've ever vacationed. The Moon Palace is all-inclusive, so you probably won't have to leave if you don't want to. It is kind of far away from the "hotel zone" but you can easily take a taxi anywhere you want to go. And there is a great bus system that will take you all along the hotel zone. It's cheap too, something like $1.00 will get you anywhere the bus goes. If you do some shopping, don't be afraid to haggle a bit. You can always get them to come down on their prices. Of course, there is a ton of hand-made silver jewelry, but you can get great prices on gold too.

So you can't get in the water, or am I misunderstanding your post? The snorkeling there is phenonomal. You can see the ocean bottom even in 40 or 50 feet of water. The colors of the fish are amazing. If you can't snorkel, you can go on a glass-bottom boat ride (I did it through Aqua World) that will allow you to see all of the coral and fish. Pretty darn amazing!

There is also a pirate show, aka the "booze cruise" that is interesting. You get a lobster dinner and all the drinks you want. The actors perform on two different ships, you know the "damsel in distress" kind of thing complete with swinging back and forth from ship to ship. It can be a little nasty though if the water is choppy. When I did this, it was really windy and the boat was really rocking. Needless to say, some people were spending some time hanging over the edge. Yuck.

Go to Chichen Itza too if you have time. You can go on a day tour, or rent a car and drive. I'd recommend the tour, just because of all of the information that you will get from the guide. I climed up the pyramid when I was there, but you better be careful if you do that. There are quite a few small steps, and only one rope to grab on to if you fall. It would be one long bumpy way down if you fall!

I hope you have a great time! :-) I'm jealous!

Post Likes
    Go to Seρor Frogs on a Saturday night. You'll have a blast!
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Americans Traveling to Cancun Beware

WASHINGTON — The U.S. State Department is issuing a travel warning for any American going to Cancun, Mexico.
    The federal government says the Cancun Police Department is issuing fake fines for made-up violations. In some cases, tourists are taken directly to ATM's to pay officers immediately.

There are also claims of taxi drivers overcharging their customers.

Travel expert Rhonda Holguin says, "Always when you're taking a cab, try to get from your hotel's concierge what should the fare be and then before you get into the cab, what are you going to charge me to go from this place to that place. Make sure that they're in the same ballpark."

Travel experts say a written citation should be received before paying any fine. Now money should be paid directly to a police officer. And, immediately call the U.S. Consular Agency in Cancun, if you believe you are a victim.

Have fun anyway!
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Post Likes

Cancun is really cooooooooool

Espicially the bikinis and the lack of them. The wife and I were at poolside having lunch when she decided to (OH you get the picture!!)

Post Likes
    Cancun is a lot of fun. My wife and I rented a scooter and rode that the whole time we were there. We had a blast.
    I'd say it has the best beaches Ive ever seen, and Ive seen a lot.

Also I did not feel unsafe at any point while I was there and I went out of the tourist zones quite often.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by cool-in-cayman
    My wife and I rented a scooter and rode that the whole time we were there.
    We did that and the wife, a fair-skinned lass, didn't have sunblock on her thighs. She spent the next 2 days in agony with welting blisters atop her thighs. That was no fun.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    My wife gets blisters on her lips from talking to much.

Post Likes
    Me winning the tequila punch drinking contest on the boat back to Cancun from Isla Mujeres. Everyone was chanting go go go go.....what was I going to do, disappoint them.

[Edited by cool-in-cayman on 04-10-2005 at 12:27 AM]

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies!!

I just got to Vegas our plane leaves at 6 AM, hope I'm on it!

I just had the LASIK and not supposed to get the peepers wet!

Scooters sound like fun, and the glass bottom boat. I guess I'll have to do that this time!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in