Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In the training class the power stealing stat was brought up pretty early on.

How long ago did you get burnt on the stat.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The first ones I installed were about a year ago in a new Pepsi office building. I know these were some of the first ones out because I only sell 90% furnaces and have them coming in weekly. I ordered diamonds and was shipped the new models because all the diamonds were gone. I was told back then that they were working on the board and exhaust problems. Did they increase the exhaust outlet pipe and change the boards?

Same board, And they include an adapter to go to 2", and have in the instructions to install a drip tee. Haven't had any trouble with them yet, except for the first one before they set the notice about finding that they undersized the flue.

The haet pumps are nice, but they have the same problem with the stupid access panel as the furnace door.

As far as stats we switched to the 401c, and now the vision pro 5000.
    Contractor locator map

Originally posted by beenthere
    Same board, And they include an adapter to go to 2", and have in the instructions to install a drip tee. Haven't had any trouble with them yet, except for the first one before they set the notice about finding that they undersized the flue.

The haet pumps are nice, but they have the same problem with the stupid access panel as the furnace door.

As far as stats we switched to the 401c, and now the vision pro 5000.
    Thats funny, I was told by my distributors service man when I was having problems that they were in the process of changing the pipe to two inch so you wouldn't have to use the tee. I guess they decided to take the easy way out and not do anything.

beenthere, I forgot to ask you about your recommendation to have a thermidistat if I got a VS furnace. My climate is hot dry summers and mild winters. What is a thermidistat and do you still recommend for my climate?

I must say it appears that York didn't work out the kinks on the new line, although some of the posts seems to indicate that all lines have their weaknesses.

beenthere, make that humidistat.

Originally posted by nathan9999
    The truth is I really wanted a higher SEER AC and a lower efficiency furnace (for my climate) but my architect specified a 90% furnace. They still haven't re-run the Title 24 calcs with an 80% furnace.

If I can't afford a VS and 90% I'll probably go with just 90% and the highest SEER I can. I'm just thinking that if I get the same extended warranty perhaps I'll try the York if the dollar difference makes sense.

Thanks for your input.
    I'v done lots of new construction. The architect probably specified the 90% furnace because he did not design a chase that will allow you to get the flue up and out on an 80%. The 90% can vent sidewall throught your boxsill.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL

Re: Joe M ????

Originally posted by mr big
    Dash, Not sure who Joe M is. I am not sure I could have sold as much Trane, but possibly I could have picked up the difference on the commercial side! I do not think I could sell anything except Carrier & Trane. They are the Kings of the trade!
    Joe Maliga(spelling?),he was working in Florida ,for Joe Bishop and Jim VanLandingham,in the late 80,s /early 90,s ,had been with Carrier or a distributor for years.

The humidistat is not needed in dry climates, it won't hurt to have it, but you shouldn't need it,
    If you get 2 stage cooling, if single stage you might need it at milder temps. I'm not familair with the conditions of your area for humidity.

Trane, I'll have to recheck, the last 1 we have in stock is still 1.5".

Haven't gotten any new ones lately, been selling alot more heat pumps for the last 4 monthes then gas or oil combined.

Contractor locator map

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123