Post Likes

Cooling Load Calculation

Hello Every One!
    I am calculating cooling load for industrial hall, that includes 6 machines, each machine has 130 KW running load and 208 KW installed load.
    Question is while calculating cooling load, should i consider running KW of machines or total installed KW of machines ????

Post Likes
    That is a loaded question there. You mention "machines" as both cooling and load.

Calculating the cooling load is based on many factors which you haven't provided so it is difficult to give you much help.

3. Dislikes rashid disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    That is a loaded question there. You mention "machines" as both cooling and load.

Calculating the cooling load is based on many factors which you haven't provided so it is difficult to give you much help.
    I know all the factors required in cooling load, i just asking about machines load, either to take running load or full installed load of machines while calculating cooling load.

Post Likes
    if they produce heat convert the KW to watts to BTUs and there's your load for each machine. they may already show the watts on the plate. what kind of machines are you talking about?

1 W = 3.412142 BTU/hr

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    if they produce heat convert the KW to watts to BTUs and there's your load for each machine. they may already show the watts on the plate. what kind of machines are you talking about?

1 W = 3.412142 BTU/hr
    i am talking about electrical machines being used in one textile industry (denim division ) where jeans are manufactured. we have to calculate cooling load for that hall, and machines total installed KWs and running kws are given. so i was asking should we use installed total KW or running KWs, and is there need to convert these electrical to thermal kws ? for cooling load calculation i am using HAP software.