Post Likes

YCAV0157 - Flash Tank Sight Glass

I have a couple of York YCAV0157 that I am going through for maintenance and check out . The sight glass for the flash tank , is it just to let you know that liquid is present or should it ever be fully clear ? I know the level is constantly changing based on liquid level sensor in tank and superheat I believe ? These machines are new to me . I have a few more to also go through . They are very impressive machines .

Post Likes
    You should see half a glass is 35%, bottom of glass 32%, top of glass is 38%. It will change big time when solenoid opens, depends on software , older chillers it happens at 65% of motor speed. The valve pulls vapor of the tank back to interstage of rotors. When that happens a lot of liquid will be pulled out of condenser coils.
    There should be something in the glass after 10-15 min. of run time , if there is enough load. If the load is low it can take time to settle out.
    Things will change when the first compressor is slowed down to bring on the second. They will settle out in short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks for your response . Sounds like you have extensive experience with the YCAV .

Krolczyk J .

Post Likes
    Yes we have a number of them YCAV, YCIV and YVAA . Three different versions of the air cooled VSD driven screw chiller.
    I can help you , but need have to keep it simple since this is a open forum .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk