goodman install - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: goodman install

Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    and yes its a p-trap i dont use running traps they are not allowed here by code
    The guys who were putting in my condenser and coil were going to use a running trap. Another reason (among many) why I "uninvited" them to finish the job, and just paid them off to get rid of them.

yea gary i agree alot of people doing installs dont understand that using a running trap is a waste of time and money the whole point in a trap is to keep water inside of it to keep gases from traveling back in to the house and if you put any kind of drop on your drain line with a running trap it will all just run down the drain hence the name running trap lol

469 area code. Is that Ellis County? If so not to far from me.

I always install traps like this. The open tee after the trap allows the rest of drain line to vent and drain. If the open tee is before the trap it defeats the whole purpose, since the negative pressure in the coil will draw air in and not allow the drain pan to drain until the unit shuts off and sometimes your drain pan will overflow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

not to be critical but the drain is done wrong and the linesets could have been neater.

Looks like a running trap to me

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Quote Originally Posted by yorkguy View Post
    I always install traps like this. The open tee after the trap allows the rest of drain line to vent and drain. If the open tee is before the trap it defeats the whole purpose, since the negative pressure in the coil will draw air in and not allow the drain pan to drain until the unit shuts off and sometimes your drain pan will overflow.
    I believe the vent after the trap is an anti-siphon (vacuum break), where the vent before the trap is just for cleaning and that one must be capped during operation. I think a lot of times people get these two confused.

the colony tx. denton county where is smith tx located.

nope not a running trap i had to drill out the plywood just so the the trap could fit because the limited space take in mind i already had to go behind the unit into the wall and drop the drain line down about 2 ft the old unit was a coil above and this one is a coil below I DO NOT USE RUNNING TRAPS! and i agree on capping the t if its before the p there was no way i was going to put a t after the p in that tight of space so stooge how do you figure the drain is done wrong and how would you have done the lineset because not to toot my own horn but my linesets are one of the nicest ive seen notice how the lineset is out of the way so if blower ever needs to be replace you can notice the txv mounted and how there is no splits in the armaflex notice cork tape to seal around lines i suppose you would have ran it on the right side right in front of the disconnect or brought it down in the corner with a 90 i try to use the least amount of fittings just to minimize cost and potential leaks but i will post more close up picks when i go back out because i do need to put a safety flow swith on the secondary and a line set cover on the outside.

Wow, I think that's the longest sentence I've ever read.

i know right. sorry i went on a rant for a min. i dont mind hearing opinions but dont just say something and not explain why you said it. know what i mean.<----look i used a period this time.lol

I dunno. Maybe you guys call them something different down there.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MUE...PZ1?Pid=search

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Not sure I'd be to proud of that one. Plenum on the air handler looks like cardboard box from here......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast