Thread: newbie question

newbie question

how long do I need to be a member before I can post in other forums?

I wish it was that easy. Every time I try to post in the HVAC residential open discussion forum I get this message:

dabedwe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I tried to post, but it still will not let me. I have been just selecting the open discussion forum from the drop down list. I went the to residential HVAC forums page and the open discussion forum is marked private

Quote Originally Posted by dabedwe View Post
    I tried to post, but it still will not let me. I have been just selecting the open discussion forum from the drop down list. I went the to residential HVAC forums page and the open discussion forum is marked private
    The only forums marked Private are the Pro Only Forums. The Residential HVAC Forum is wide open for anyone to post.

I created a new account for myself last night to follow up with your issue. I was able to post in all the open forums.

I'm not exactly sure why you are having issues.

I am also a new memeber and the "Post new thread" option(per FAQ page) is no where to be found. How long after subscribing do you have to wait to start a new thread?