Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Woke up this morning to a cold house with the blower motor running on the Lennox G23 furnace. Turned the digital thermostat to the off position and the blower still ran. Not sure if the thermostat turned "off". I forgot to listen for the click of the contact. Then turned the thermostat backed on. Went to the basement and removed upper access panel. The blower was running and the burners were not on. I turned the 120V switched off to the unit and the unit shut down. I waited a couple of minutes and turned the switch back on. As soon as I turned the switch on the blower started.

What could the problem be? Could it be a problem with the blower control board? What fixes could be performed?

Thanks,

Tim

Check the position of the fan switch on the t-stat first. It should be in the auto position. If that is not the problem it could be the board or a short in the stat wire or even a bad t-stat. I would call a tech if the stat switch is not the problem.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Millerman,

Thermostat fan switch is in auto. Heater worked fine all winter and I did not change anything on thermostat. I will verify the operation of the thermostat and thermostat wire short when I get home from work tonight.

Tim

Originally posted by timaah
    Millerman,

Thermostat fan switch is in auto. Heater worked fine all winter and I did not change anything on thermostat. I will verify the operation of the thermostat and thermostat wire short when I get home from work tonight.

Tim
    Tip 1. At the furnace disconnect the "G" stat wire on the terminal board, if fan turns off it is either the stat or wire. If fan continues to run with "G" disconnected, fan relay is more than likely stuck on.
    Tip 2. At the t-stat disconnect "G" if fan shuts off bad stat.

limit switch is open. kills power to thermostat and runs furnace blower. switch probably bad.

Originally posted by t527ed
    limit switch is open. kills power to thermostat and runs furnace blower. switch probably bad.
    Agreed, if unit is not providing heat. If its heating as well as the fan running continuously its not the limit.

Unit is not providing heat. I will check the limit switch.

1. Any quick fix to get heating working until it is replaced?

2. Where can I find a wiring digram for the Lennox G23 unit so I can review the system and pinpoint if the limit switch is the problem. I did not remove all the covers. Do they still put the diagrams on the back on the covers?

Tim

call service co give them complete model # including - #
    tell them to bring limit switch.

Originally posted by timaah
    Unit is not providing heat. I will check the limit switch.

1. Any quick fix to get heating working until it is replaced?

2. Where can I find a wiring digram for the Lennox G23 unit so I can review the system and pinpoint if the limit switch is the problem. I did not remove all the covers. Do they still put the diagrams on the back on the covers?

Tim
    The only quick fix is to bypass your safety, DON'T DO IT.
    If you do not have heat you definately need to contact a pro. This switch may be a manual reset (Red button) or auto reset nevertheless, it failed for a reason, if you try to do this yourself without the proper knowledge your asking for severe problems. Again, call a pro. Good luck

tell them to bring limit switch. [/B][/QUOTE]

How do they witch 1 to bring

Millerman, Why tell him a quick fix is to bypass the safty, then say don't do it?

Think about what you tell people, they will do it, they sue because you said to do it.

Thats why it's not a DYI site.

[Edited by Toolpusher on 04-06-2005 at 06:29 PM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Tim [/B][/QUOTE]
    The only quick fix is to bypass your safety, DON'T DO IT.

you definately need to contact a pro.

if you try to do this yourself without the proper knowledge your asking for severe problems.

Again, call a pro.

Toolpusher, I think this covers any fear of suit. He doesnt know what switch, and it may not be a switch. Like I posted many times CALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCA LLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPROCALLAPRO PLEASE, CALL A PRO

My God

Mamma said if you can't say anything nice, then don't.......
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

the only quick fix if it is the limit switch is to replace it with a new one
    this is a oem part and there is no genarick to buy
    a leno dealer should have one and will be able to put it in
    also if it is under 5 years old it is cover under a part warrenti and you just pay the labor
    do your self a big favoe and get someone to look at it because it could also be something else showing faults on the board and causeing it to go into safey and run the blower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast