+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another hydronic geothermal job

Post Likes

Another hydronic geothermal job

Just finished this job and wanted to get a few pics up. Still waiting for Mech insulation, I will post updated pics when done. This is a fire station with 3 infloor heat zones and will have chilled water cooling later on from the 2- 10 ton heat pumps.
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

Post Likes
    Looks good, the only thing I do not like is in the middle photo the back wall.

The 2 center lines straight thru the tee's will flow more that the outside lines that are on the side outlets of the tee's.

Post Likes
    how do you like the crimper?

had any issues with it?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1955 View Post

The 2 center lines straight thru the tee's will flow more that the outside lines that are on the side outlets of the tee's.
    I think there are circuit setters, moot point if so...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1955 View Post

Good eye, but I've got that covered. It's reverse return piped so that circuit #1 goes straight out but not straight back in. Circuit #2 is hooked up to the other side going straight back in so it's equal for both.
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by larobj63 View Post
    I think there are circuit setters, moot point if so...
    See response to kevik about reverse return piping. Also no need for circuit setters as both circuits are identical footages nearly down to the inch. I didn't want to complicate it and add pressure drop when not necassary. There are PT ports on all 4 pipes of both circuits we checked pressure drop and flow is a spot on match. Thank you for responding.

Post Likes
    Is that diamond plate behind the controls?

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    how do you like the crimper?

had any issues with it?
    The propress tool has been one of the best investments ever. Looking back at all the jobs like this we used to do by soldering I can't believe all the time I'll never get back. I have never had a leaking problem other than human error such as pipe not in far enough or in crooked and snagged the oring even that only a couple times. I just hope the connections outlast me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Is that diamond plate behind the controls?
    Yes sir, 16 ga aluminum. Just for looks.

Post Likes
    I know squat about geo but the piping sure looks purdy....nice touch with the diamond plate haven't seen that b4.

Post Likes
    Wow, I'm impressed with that!

Post Likes
    Very clean pipe work......Nice Job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkguy View Post
    See response to kevik about reverse return piping. Also no need for circuit setters as both circuits are identical footages nearly down to the inch. I didn't want to complicate it and add pressure drop when not necassary. There are PT ports on all 4 pipes of both circuits we checked pressure drop and flow is a spot on match. Thank you for responding.
    Pretty clever - I like how you did that.

Depending on how long the circuits are (read- if they are very long and/or high head) - using the run or bull of the Tees won't effect flow in one circuit versus the other much anyhow. But, that being said, you thought about it and did the smart play by simply reversing the return path, so I'll just shut up. lol

Post Likes
    Damn that looks sexy and clean

Post Likes
    very nice if only every new install looked this good

Post Likes
    Thats got be some of the nicest work I've seen in awhile.
    Radiant heat threw out the house, and hot water? What Style house and square ft?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    Thats got be some of the nicest work I've seen in awhile.
    Radiant heat threw out the house, and hot water? What Style house and square ft?
    Its a fire station with radiant floors throughout. Upper levels wii be forced air addeed later with air handlers and water coils

Post Likes
    Pipe is all insulated and labled now. Here is the finished product.

Post Likes
    Pure 100% Craftsmanship. Beautiful work sir!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    Pure 100% Craftsmanship. Beautiful work sir!
    Thank you very much, I've also started a new thread with a couple addiional pics not shown here but otherwise the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in