Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This whole 'anti-gun', and 'anti-protect yourself' stuff comes from a society (read that government) who does not give a d**n about hte safety of their citizens... If they did, they would allow them to protect themselves.

Does someone have some statistics to post as to how many crimes are prevented in the USA by armed citizens... vs how many law abiding citizens with guns hurt an innocent person not attempting to commit a crime? Should be interesting.

Remember: A gun never hurts anyone until it is picked up by someone. So the gun is not the problem... it is the person holding the gun that is the problem.
    And that is what they are trying to say, the gun was not the problem here but the homeowner.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And that is what they are trying to say, the gun was not the problem here but the homeowner.
    This is where your country and ours are different...

Here a man's home is his CASTLE... and he has the right to defend it. In your country that is not the case. Screwy IMO...

If I lived in Canada under those terms... I would move somewhere else.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Actually what the homeowner should have done is go outside and not shoot at the men. If and when they made a threatening motion, I would be more inclined to think the homeowner would not have 'missed'.
    OMG!!!! YOUR KIDDING?
    The Home owner should have gone outside UNARMED and confronted the people that ARE ARMED????

I take back what I said before: THIS is the stupidest thing you have said here? had the HO'r gone outside unarmed, for Canadians this whole thing would have been a non-issue, the HO'r would be dead or at the very least, real toasty. That should make your government happy. A law abiding tax payer burnt to a crisp.

what happens to the bad guys, I bet they get a misdemeanor Trespass ticket. Those poor misunderstood people.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

One more thought: What I hear loud and clear in this statement (quoted) is: Law abiding citizens are expendable...criminals are important. WHY: Obviously criminals get more support from the law than law-abiding citizens do.

Would someone explain how this is the government serving the citizens?

IMO this is a sign of a government that needs some house-cleaning... as in retire a bunch of them and replace them with some common sense folks.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

One more thought: What I hear loud and clear in this statement (quoted) is: Law abiding citizens are expendable...criminals are important. WHY: Obviously criminals get more support from the law than law-abiding citizens do.

Would someone explain how this is the government serving the citizens?

IMO this is a sign of a government that needs some house-cleaning... as in retire a bunch of them and replace them with some common sense folks.
    Seems to me, if it really bothered enough people, they'd simply vote out the real criminals.
    Problem solved.

This doesn't look like it was just some normal guy who woke up to vandals attacking his house and defended himself. I bet him and his neighbours have a history of fighting and threats, he knew this was coming or he wouldn't have had so many cameras set-up.

It says he shot one of their chickens, I've lived near guys that have done that (or shot someone's dog) and they were ******* **** disturbers that couldn't get along with anyone. I bet he's not as innocent as the media's portraying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy73 View Post
    This doesn't look like it was just some normal guy who woke up to vandals attacking his house and defended himself. I bet him and his neighbours have a history of fighting and threats, he knew this was coming or he wouldn't have had so many cameras set-up.

It says he shot one of their chickens, I've lived near guys that have done that (or shot someone's dog) and they were ******* **** disturbers that couldn't get along with anyone. I bet he's not as innocent as the media's portraying him.
    really? Then why didn't the police arrest him when he shot a chicken? Obviously the guy is deranged and the cops should have removed his firearms then.

On top of that, IF the guy did shoot a chicken why didn't the chicken's owner file a complaint? With shoots fired, why wasn't there an investigation?
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

My bad, it just says he killed the chicken. But I still say he's not as innocent as that story makes him look. I doubt he'll go to jail for chasing them off his property.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy73 View Post
    My bad, it just says he killed the chicken. But I still say he's not as innocent as that story makes him look. I doubt he'll go to jail for chasing them off his property.
    and the government won't give him his property back either, will they.

Now they guy has to rely on a fire extinguisher. What happens when the BG's return with more Molotov cocktails.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

Now they guy has to rely on a fire extinguisher. What happens when the BG's return with more Molotov cocktails.

If more Class C don't cut it,then break out the AFFF.

I think everybody who got arrested counts as a BG, this is probably the end of a long running fight between neighbours. The cops didn't seem to have any problem arresting the guys who threw the molatov's, they probably know all the people involved.

[B]

you mean like fire bomb his house while he's in it?

do you have any idea how incredibly STUPID that statement is...........seriously???

Thats the dumbest thing you ever posted. Even in NY, you could shoot the a-holes.

Sorry, that is not my logic, but as I said, what I got as the reasoning the Crown takes from another incident a while back.

This is where your country and ours are different...

Here a man's home is his CASTLE... and he has the right to defend it. In your country that is not the case. Screwy IMO...

If I lived in Canada under those terms... I would move somewhere else.
    But as this case is now making headlines you could probably surmise this kind of thing really does not happen much up here. I can see this case going to our Supreme Court.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast