Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: metasys lns lon

I see that johnson controls just released about 20 new controllers based on lns lonworks. And was wondering if there whole product line was going lns

Tell you what..... Look at this web site and tell me what you think of their product line of controllers.

Sysint,
    Are you a Distech dealer and what do you think of their controls?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

I am not dealing... (yet?) Anyway, their pricing on programmables is nice.

I am going to run a test of the stuff soon. Plugins seem good.

JCI LNS

JCI and Distech entered into an arrangement whereby JCI is "Brand Labeling" all of Distech's LNS based LonWorks products as their (JCI) own. Great deal for the JCI branches, not so good for the independent Distech dealers. Rumor tells me that the JCI branches will start to eat their young pretty soon !!

Quote Originally Posted by jcom1234 View Post
    JCI and Distech entered into an arrangement whereby JCI is "Brand Labeling" all of Distech's LNS based LonWorks products as their (JCI) own. Great deal for the JCI branches, not so good for the independent Distech dealers. Rumor tells me that the JCI branches will start to eat their young pretty soon !!
    I was browsing some of you old timers discussions.. Lots of interesting stuff.

This one hit me particularly funny and quite accurate.

It's even more funny if you know who jcom1234 is...

The line about 'eating their young' is quite interesting. The Distech guys survived but after 'eating their young' it is the Johnson species that is slowly become extinct. They are virtually no-existent around here now.

Metasys LNS LON

The LNS plug-in in this software can generate graphics automatically in the LNS according to the equipment configuration and it is instantaneous.

That plugin is used with software. If it is continually updating then it is sucking up resources - I'd rather use a server for display/control and use the plugin for configure unless you didn't need the plugin and could still configure...

I'm a Distech dealer and I have been very happy with their controls and the continued improvement in the plugins. I'm particularly impressed with the new graphical programming plugin. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but every time I get into it, I find more to like and very few things I think they didn't get exactly right. For example, you can make your own custom blocks, combining complex functions into a single program block. Want to edit the custom block? - double click and it's contents display on another page. Very nice.

The monitoring plugins referenced above are for the ASCs. They have some faults and I wouldn't confuse them with a front end, but they're nice for checking your work and diagnosing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    It's even more funny if you know who jcom1234 is...
    Give me a hint!

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    The line about 'eating their young' is quite interesting. The Distech guys survived but after 'eating their young' it is the Johnson species that is slowly become extinct. They are virtually no-existent around here now.
    We all sucked...Remember!

All they did was put a Army of pissed off Higher end people on the streets.

What did they think was going to happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast