Carrier 30hxc

Thread: Carrier 30hxc

I am looking for a procedure on changing the oil on a Carrier 30hxc screw chiller (134a). Customer (State of NY) insists the oil be changed annually, despite any other recommendations. Does the entire charge need to be pulled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it depends if you have the optional sution buterfly type service valve. if you do, just recover everything into the condenser and look for that nice big service valve on the bottom of the oil reciever.

Service Manual: http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...t/30g,h-9t.pdf

Right click and save target as ???.

Thanks Frog, I will check it out. I just can't convince this customer that an annual oil change is not required, some outside consulting firm wrote the PM requirements and no payments are to be made unless oil is changed

that oil is big bucks to

It's all pensionable time!

Originally posted by trane_stud
    I am looking for a procedure on changing the oil on a Carrier 30hxc screw chiller (134a). Customer (State of NY) insists the oil be changed annually, despite any other recommendations. Does the entire charge need to be pulled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Since it's water cooled you need to isolate the condenser, remove the refrigerant in the condenser, pump the thick thick oil out, change both of the filters, pump the new thick thick oil in, and check operations. I think that covers the fine points. You won't necessarily have to change the filter in the compressor, oil PD generally determines when it is time to be changed.

...Ron

That wasn't on the U.A. star exam Ron .
    is this really happening or not

it would be a good idea to get the oil analyized.that is how we determine when the oil needs to be changed

Originally posted by double bubble
    That wasn't on the U.A. star exam Ron .
    Have we met? I see in your profile that you are here in N.Y. Are you from the office above the Rt. 84 line? If so, I'm glad to see another local on the forums.

I should have studied more than I did for the exam. As it was I only passed by a couple of points, enough to get by though.

...Ron

only york dude taking the test at hall .
    is this really happening or not

Originally posted by double bubble
    only york dude taking the test at hall .
    Yep, I was sitting behind you but it seems that you already deduced that. Very Too Neat. Not that I was soposed to know this but they sent out a page with everyones grades on it, that took the test. Excellent score for you.

...Ron