Thread: Hello, can anyone help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Question Hello, can anyone help?

Hi all, I'm just a residential Dynatherm owner - boiler is from 1957 - with a problem. The issue is NO HEAT this morning. She runs, but has no fire. The emergency push button will fire her up for approx 2 minutes before she shuts down. It's 56 degrees currently in the house - the family is cold! Outside temp is 18 degrees. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of this boiler. She's just got a little cold right now. No pun intended. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome to the site,

Unfortunately, this is not a DIY (do it yourself) site and the rules will not allow us to help you work on it.

I recommend you call a technician out to get it going. Good luck.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Post Likes
    The boiler is over 50 years old and you wouldn't dream of getting rid of it?

Post Likes
    Thanks. Yep called a tech already - still waiting for the callback. I won't touch the boiler other than doing what the checklist for troubleshooting suggests. What I was looking for was a solution that could be comparable to whatever the tech comes up with... I don't believe they have much training in the Dynatherms from 50+ years ago. Also, I own several things (fridge, GE stove, etc...) from the 50s that I still use and wouldn't dream of getting rid of. they just don't make em like they used to!

Post Likes

Question About that Dynatherm...

So I am a residential Dynatherm oil burner owner, having a problem with the heat this morning... the tech came out and said I will need a new orifice plate (wha?) and when I asked if it was pricey he smiled and shook his head "yes". I love when they do that!
    Does anyone know what sort of cost I am looking at? This dino is from the late 50s... and the problem is that the motor is running but she doesn't fire for long when I hit the reset button. The oil tank is indoors in about 40-45 degrees. That Honeywell thingy will click a few times trying to do something. BTW - I will only have a pro do anything to fix my issue... Thanks for all the help!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dynotherm View Post
    So I am a residential Dynatherm oil burner owner, having a problem with the heat this morning... the tech came out and said I will need a new orifice plate (wha?) and when I asked if it was pricey he smiled and shook his head "yes". I love when they do that!
    Does anyone know what sort of cost I am looking at? This dino is from the late 50s... and the problem is that the motor is running but she doesn't fire for long when I hit the reset button. The oil tank is indoors in about 40-45 degrees. That Honeywell thingy will click a few times trying to do something. BTW - I will only have a pro do anything to fix my issue... Thanks for all the help!

Again, you are posting this information in the wrong forum. It should be in the residential HVAC forum. But, unfortunately we can't discuss pricing. Pricing is different in different parts of the globe so please don't ask.

thx.

thread closed

Post Likes
    You should have a service contract on a boiler that old. Call your fuel provider all oil co's have emergency service techs who should be the one's touching that boiler and not the homeowner!! Is it oil and where is your tank if it is, 18 degrees not outside I hope?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in