Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Testo 550 problems

anyone experiencing problems with the clamps.

been having issues for weeks, thought may the od temps were screwing the pos up, they finally just quit being recognized by the 550

got the other set of clamps out, plug in, work just fine

I'm fed up with manufacturers flapping the gums about how great their product is and then have some of the sorriest distributors handling their almight product

sooner or later they may get a grasp, but I doubt it

mfg-sold
    distrib-got his money
    end user-screwed

I'm beginning to think these things are made in china or mexico
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Anything Testo is garbage. They charge you mega $$$ and the stuff breaks in a month.

We tried a testo oil burner efficiency analyzer. Every time we get it fixed, it's not even in use for 2 months before something else goes wrong with it. And when we send it in to get fixed they always want hundreds of dollars to fix it.

I mean yeah, they all need maintinance regularly, but come on....it should run more than 2 months before something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    anyone experiencing problems with the clamps.

been having issues for weeks, thought may the od temps were screwing the pos up, they finally just quit being recognized by the 550

got the other set of clamps out, plug in, work just fine

I'm fed up with manufacturers flapping the gums about how great their product is and then have some of the sorriest distributors handling their almight product

sooner or later they may get a grasp, but I doubt it

mfg-sold
    distrib-got his money
    end user-screwed

I'm beginning to think these things are made in china or mexico
    One: Our service turn time is actually pretty fast. We can't turn it around and get it out until we get in. If its getting hung up on the distributor end, please let me know and we will talk to them. Glad to see its working.
    Two: Made in Germany in our own production facility. We do not use contract manufacturing.
    You can contact us directly anytime. All we ever ask is the chance to make it right when things go wrong. Your 550 has a 2 year warranty

Quote Originally Posted by ct_hvac_tech View Post
    Anything Testo is garbage. They charge you mega $$$ and the stuff breaks in a month.

We tried a testo oil burner efficiency analyzer. Every time we get it fixed, it's not even in use for 2 months before something else goes wrong with it. And when we send it in to get fixed they always want hundreds of dollars to fix it.

I mean yeah, they all need maintinance regularly, but come on....it should run more than 2 months before something goes wrong.
    Please contact me through PM. I will be glad to pull your service records and find out what happened. I couldnt agree more that you should have years of trouble free operation, not months. As soon as you cantact me, I will have our service group dig into this serial number and find out the history on it.

Doug... are you here. I'm not gonna flame here but i just bought a new testo 550-2 and it arrived not showing subcooling.... get the dreaded ---- I've changed leads, just about anything i can think of... any help would be appreciated

Are you connected to any system that you should be getting a sub cooling reading?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

it seems that stupidity is rampant in SW louisiana. I did not have the 550 on a system and I panicked... Doug CALLED me on a saturday afternoon and explained some of the finer points of digital technology and also the 550. I dont know about the equipment yet as this is my first experience with testo but i am here to tell all of you ... i have NEVER had a factory technician who cared enough about his product as much as doug. I really appreciate the time he took with me and I will be looking into more testo products in the future

Doug....
    I have been looking into buying a refrigeration analyzer, and I have a few concerns about the Testo 550. I have a hard time finding positive reviews regarding longevity? Do you find this to be true, are there lots of returns? If you do have a surplus of returns are you finding the main reason due to poor quality of the product, or does it seem to be more like unqualified end user abuse? The last thing that worries me is the ground cable. Other brands that I have been looking into do not seem to have the same issues , or the need for one? Is the Testo 550 not protected from a possible static zap? Is this a case of you get what you pay for, or just a good tools misused or abused?
    Thanks, your input would help me a bunch!!

Quote Originally Posted by oregonhvac View Post
    Doug....
    I have been looking into buying a refrigeration analyzer, and I have a few concerns about the Testo 550. I have a hard time finding positive reviews regarding longevity? Do you find this to be true, are there lots of returns? If you do have a surplus of returns are you finding the main reason due to poor quality of the product, or does it seem to be more like unqualified end user abuse? The last thing that worries me is the ground cable. Other brands that I have been looking into do not seem to have the same issues , or the need for one? Is the Testo 550 not protected from a possible static zap? Is this a case of you get what you pay for, or just a good tools misused or abused?
    I got the 550's to use as my primary set because of the price (I have a way more expensive wireless set). I use these on EVERYTHING on a daily basis and have had almost NO problem with them. I did have one sensor go out and had a replacement within a week from Testo. I have had good service from them.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

forgot about the clamp

this is where i have a hard on------------acr the frekkin' distributor that both my 550's came from, has yet to ask if i have or want the ground straps

these clowns have gotten their money and, i don't think they give _____________ after the sale

there in lies an issue for testo to rectify

customer service at the lower level is in need of some customer training from testo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

just another thought on these ground clamp...........

testo made X# of these 550's

then came along the ground clamp resolution

did testo make X# of clamps for 550's already in existence?

why didn't distribution get those clamps to existing 550 owners?

i think, if acr wasn't the only ones with the 550 on hand when i got mine, i wouldn't be so bothered

a great product with poor end user customer support makes for a bad experience.........subsequently............it reflects on the product

Quote Originally Posted by oregonhvac View Post
    Doug....
    Good questions and I'll try to answer as best I can. The 550 has been in the market for less than one year. No, we did not see unusually high failure rates for a test instrument. The #1 failure was the hook breaking. It's been totally redesigned for 2011. This ESD issue was a US only phenomenon. Figure that out and I'll buy! We added ground straps as safety concern, no other reason. This tool has been addressed by our engineers. We've made a tool that has 2 very robust sensors that are accurate across full scale, used NTC temperture probes, again for accuracy and stability. Type K as a system is less stable, especially where stray electricity could be present. The firmware features are designed for today and for tomorrow. And we did it in a housing built for techs.
    I've been in the business for a bit of time with some well known manufacturers and I wouldn't be a testo if I didn't believe in the products we build today and the ones we have rolling in the pipeline. You can always email me if you have additional or specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    just another thought on these ground clamp...........

testo made X# of these 550's

then came along the ground clamp resolution

did testo make X# of clamps for 550's already in existence?

why didn't distribution get those clamps to existing 550 owners?

i think, if acr wasn't the only ones with the 550 on hand when i got mine, i wouldn't be so bothered

a great product with poor end user customer support makes for a bad experience.........subsequently............it reflects on the product
    If you email me your address, I'll send you a solution directly. No idea why the distributor is giving you the run around. Let me know who it is in your email and I'll get our guy to drop in on him.
    It's made in Germany.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast