Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The ice maker on the 11th floor is getting under my skin,
    it runs well for 2 days, when I check it on the 3rd day or so it's not running and there is no ice in the bin below, I cleaned all the parts, changed out the probe and set it just like the others are, took the dump valve apart and cleaned it also, when ruuning it goes through the harvest with flying colors,
    I know there are a few good pros here, any idea's.
    My boss told me to call Manitowoc and ask them if I was tired messing with it, I said hell no this machine is mine and I will figure it out or I will change my name from.

Hilton tech to Ramada Inn tech

Hilton Tech In Need

P.S...if they were as simple as an a\c unit

I have been in the field 10+ years and still will call tech support if i am missing something.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

FreezeKing..

With the looks of things I might have to make the call myself

Mani. has very good service.

The pocket book is also very helpful.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by hiltontech

....I know there are a few good pros here, any idea's.....
    Long way from a pro but did you check the curtain switch? It's activated either by an adjustable plunger at the top or a magnetic switch at the bottom.
    Fred

Ice machine undertaker,

I looked at it some, I only check it to make sure it closed, I had to clean it because of all the calcium build up, it didn't appear that the door was closing snug but is now, what gets me is that the machine will run for 2 days then when I go and check it it's not running, but soon as I take the front cover off it starts up right away, I thought maybe it was a heat issue thinking that when I remover the front cover off it let's heat come out of the unit, it starts up everytime after the cover is removed.
    I checked the temp of the water falling down behind the curtain, it's like 18 degrees which I would think is cold enough.
    BTW...I had to work on it my first day on the job, I was told that some one had to reset it everyday, it was very dirty and had to air filter on the back of it, I vacumed the coils the best I could and cleaned all parts inside of the unit, we don't have to reset it anymore but it's just as bad by me having to turn it off then on, there is a reset switch inside.
    Also, I have the correct water pressure so it's not an issue with the pressure...

It sounds like the curtain is sticking open, this tells the machine that the bin is full. Before pulling the door off next time, reach up in and see if the curtain is stuck open.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

When you call tech support, they will ask you for the Model and SR number. That would also help here and some other data. Like is it a remote.

Unit..

Model: JD0452A
    S/N: 921260310

Uses R404A freon

losing connection/conductivity between refrigerant circuit and water panel, causing some ice to stay there and sometimes not, the old mantowics would do this alot. possible problem in evap connections to plate. i've seen wood and other things jammed behind to keep the evap/ice sheet closer togther.kf

Thanks everyone

Sounds like the curtain switch to me too. Make sure the cubes are thick enough and the switch is properly adjusted. Next time it does it look up through the bin door and see if there's a stuck cube holding the curtain out.

Originally posted by hiltontech
    Ice machine undertaker,

..... but soon as I take the front cover off it starts up right away.....

I checked the temp of the water falling down behind the curtain, it's like 18 degrees which I would think is cold enough.

.... we don't have to reset it anymore but it's just as bad by me having to turn it off then on, there is a reset switch inside.

I am easily confused.
    #1 Does it start up right away while you are removing the cover? If yes, it is probably the curtain switch or curtain not closing properly. Check for the machine being level front to back.

#2 If you have 18 degree liquid water, check you thermometer.

#3 Do you have to push the reset button to restart it? If yes, then you still have a heat removal problem.

Check out http://www.manitowocice.com

Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast