Thread: does heatpump normally operate without blower??

Post Likes

Confused

I live in northern virginia and have two outside Trane heat pumps for a 2 zone HVAC system. Recently I've heard one of the outside heatpump units operating without its corresponding inside blower. Is this normal?
    I've never noticed this before before, and was wondering if this might be a system problem.
    Thanks for your help!

Post Likes
    yes there is a problem

Post Likes
    when you say blower do you mean the fan inside the outdoor unit? Depending on outside temperature it will stop that fan when it is defrosting, but only for a short time. The colder it is, the more often it will pause usually for no more than a few minutes at a time.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by idreos
    Recently I've heard one of the outside heatpump units operating without its corresponding inside blower. Is this normal?
    No, it's not normal. And, chances are, if the indoor blower quit working while the outdoor section was running, the outdoor section is no longer running (high pressure trip). Your only remedy at this point is to get a heat pump tech to look at it.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in