Motor Fan on Furnace?
    Hi guys,I have a question my squirell cage fan(thats how the call it i think)is broke do I have to buy the hole motor or can i buy just the fan.Thanks in advance.

yes
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

what caused the fan to break?

Im not sure CT2 I did found pieces of blades but nothing else.I'll like to find out what cause it to break.

If I found pieces of blades I would be looking to find what came apart and where the rest of the pieces are. I would be looking to see if anything flew into the evap . you would defenatly want to change the motor. There is a good chance a bearing in the motor went bad and or end play in the shaft caused the cage to hit the AH. If it ran with a broken cage it would be out of balance enough to knock out a bearing also.
    A new motor isnt that expensive anyway

You should be able to buy just the fan unless there has been soemkind of revision where it is placed different on the motor, i have only seen this once though.

You can replace the blower wheel. I have seen the welds go bad on wheels. I would check the motor while you have it out. (check the shaft and play of the shaft)
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has gone.

You could very well have a defective rev limiter on your motor. It could cause your rpm to exceed normal capacities and the hole thing could break. Look for a new squirell cage fan. Many manufacurers make them. Good luck and watch for flying debris.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

take the squirrel cage off the shaft and you can usually take the housing apart to get the "cage" out. Sometimes the disc in the middle breaks loose causing the "cage" to vibrate enough to make the fins start coming off. Most supply houses can get you a new cage if you tell them the measurements of yours. I agree with ct2 and would check to find where if any of the pieces went.

I can thank u enough guys all of u have been very helpful.

Poor squirrel