I was given a quote for a Carrier Weathermate 38CKC. I notice on Carrier's web site, it is listed a commercial product, not a residential one. I have a cape in the northeast. Is this standard or should I be concerned? Thanks.

Hmm Residential

Originally posted by streel
    I was given a quote for a Carrier Weathermate 38CKC. I notice on Carrier's web site, it is listed a commercial product, not a residential one. I have a cape in the northeast. Is this standard or should I be concerned? Thanks.
    A Carrier 38CKC is a residential builder unit, 10 seer, R22
    No bells whistles ....

http://test.carrier-commercial.com/p...c/c0011145.pdf

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

For some reason they don't show it on their residential page. I wouldn't be proud of it either

May as well just get a less costly Heil or Arcoair.................i think the fan gaurd is different on the carrier.

All basic models are almost the same. I would prsonally not install the 10 seer unit unless the customer was on very hard times. Spend a few more $$$$ for the 12 of 14 seer at least they will pay for them selves in electric savings.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced