Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Also I feellike I have buyers remorse. why
    you have top of the line equipment
    chances are they pulled the system down and you didnt see them do it. r22 or 410a work pretty much the same and you wouldnt know the differance in cooling
    as far as choice some contractors havent started working with 410a yet since it is new and a lot dont feel comfortable working with it. in time we will all be wheather we like it or not. just because you picked the hs26 instead of the hsx doesnt mean your recieved a less then top of the line the only diferance is in the refrigerant and not the ability to cool your house and save you monie on cooling. out of all you quotes no one gave one on a 410a system

NO, don't but your own 22, you need certified to buy it, and nothing says any company you have come out later will use it, so you could be stuck with a white elephant.

Unless you were outside almost the whole time, nothing says they didn't pull a vac that you just didn't notice.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

"out of all you quotes no one gave one on a 410a system "

No one gave me a quote on 410a system. I received 4 quotes and no one specified which unit used 22 or 410. Unfortunately I did not know the difference til recently after the install hence the remorse.

How long does it take to pull vac usually? The reason I don't think they pulled vac is that I did not see the process nor the equipment. This is a large reputable company that did the install. How can I confirm if vac was pulled?

Time is not a good benchmark for measuring a vacuum.

That being said, a "good" vacuum can be obtained in a few minutes on residential systems, if verified with a micron gage.
    The equipment required is relatively small and quiet, and would not draw attention to itself while in use.
    Typically, an installer will start the pump as soon as he has brazed the lineset in place.
    Some will perform a "standing pressure test" with dry nitrogen, before evacuation, for a short period of time.
    While the vacuum pump is running, the electrical part of the install is performed, while the pump runs unattended.
    If you were watching the installers, they might have been indoors, away from the pump while it was running.

There is no absolutely perfect way to know if any vacuum was pulled, after the fact.

You might get your salesman to ask the tech what level of vacuum was pulled.

If he doesn't know, or answers in PSI or inches hg, then the vacuum is definitely in question.

Your recourse?
    Little can be done, if anything.

Good luck.

[Edited by bwal2 on 04-03-2005 at 06:55 PM]

i am sorry to hear no quotes on 410a or puron
    even thoe i am still favored to 22 we give both prices
    as far as remorse. honestly there is no reason for it
    they gave lenox's top line
    r22 is not going out of use anytime soon
    the price is just speck as of now and puron is double the cost now. you get the same cooling from either
    if the system is installed properly and pressure tested
    you shouldnt have to add any for the life of the system
    if you have to keep adding freon then the system should be leaked checked and repaired.

Originally posted by andserco
    You must be one of Diceman's customers....
    Yes, and do you know about goats?
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by mark beiser
    stupid.
    HEH-HEH, HEH-HEH - He said stupid!!

If they did not pull vac. Is it indicated to recover, pull vac and have receiver-drier replaced?

Originally posted by kdawg
    If they did not pull vac. Is it indicated to recover, pull vac and have receiver-drier replaced?
    It doesn't have a receiver-drier.
    That's an automotive term.

It does have a filter-drier, I hope.

To answer your question, maybe it would improve things, maybe not.
    It depends on the workmanship.

A question that comes to mind is this:
    If your installer did not pull a vacuum, then what other short-cuts did he take?

Post some pictures.
    You will get input.

Spoke to the company manager. Because a r410 system was not discussed or offered. The manager will honor the price upgrade quote from HS26 to HSX15 for and additional $1000. They will replace the line set, coil, and condenser. Should I do it?

what will you achieve by spending an extra grand?
    trust me, invest the grand in a t-bill and make some money on it.

warranty

what type of warranty do you have on the R22 system?
    How long is it good for? Can you get an extended warranty?
    That might take care of future problems. Remember, if the system is opened up for any reason during this warranty period, then a vacuum should be pulled and probably a new filter dryer installed.

I'd look into this before replacing. Did the manager state that a vac was pulled?

you seem to want the 410a system for reasons only you know
    if the monny is not a problem for you them by all means go for it and put you mind at ease. it realy doent matter at this time witch refrigerant is used they both do the job.
    so make the change and you wont have to worrie or even concern your self about it and take care or other things from then on
    good luck with your new system and you will have many years of comfort with it to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast