i live in mansfield mass and i work in rhode island and its an hour 20 minutes away. my company i work for is trying to get me to quit by neglecting my professional needs. anyone please help me. and what should i do. i have a family and im freaking it out. damn i need my own business!

Your own business may actually worsen the problem.
    As you know theres a time when all compny's are slow, Being self-employed those times are magnified buy 10.

Have you talked the boss ?
    What needs are you refering to ?
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

when i got hired i was promised a 2 dollar increase once i complete school and obtain a license. ive done both and still nothing. they are taking my van away and not communicating with me.

What license did you obtain ?

Are they taking it away due to the gas prices and travel time Or did you do some side jobs out of it ?
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

a license in mass and i rhode island and im the only guy out of 15 tech losing the van.

They're probably taking the van away because it costs a fortune for you to drive it 2 hours and 40 minutes a day to commute to and from work, have you not seen the price of fuel lately? As far as the raise goes, have you reminded them or are you expecting it to have been automatic. This is not the best time of year to be looking for much in the way of raises in the HVAC service/installation biz.

I'm sure its a right wing conspiracy and has nothing to do with your performance.

start looking for something closer to home or move closer to work. with the price of gas few companies are willing to foot the bill for an hour and a half drive to and from.
    even on call ot for a ride like that is not cost affective with gas going up on a minute by minute basses. i tend to think they gave you a reason just you didnt hear it
    haveing a license is an asset to you looking for a job, but you need to make yourself an asset to the company you are working for. a license doesnt do that only you can

I know people who have lost their free transportation that live just 10 miles from the job and it's not just the gas in your case, you are putting a lot of miles on their trk, step in their shoes for a couple minutes.
    I know a guy that told his boss that his trk needed to be serviced and the boss said, but you've been working in the shop all month, guess how the rest of the miles were racked up? another guys wife ran to the store with her husbands trk and had an accident.

[Edited by oilie hands on 04-02-2005 at 08:00 PM]

Any of those other guys live an hour and 20 minutes away.

Hope you don't do 24 hour service for them, they'd lose their butts on an after hours service call.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If you lived here in Louisiana near where I live I could get you a job, I know this guy who is looking for a good tech, he offered me the job but I turned it down, god luck to you, a job will come to you if your good at what you do.

As for the original poster...I would make someone sit down with me and explain what the F is going on. Sounds like you have nothing to lose and just letting this eat at you instead of confronting someone and demanding some answers is gonna make you sick.

We drive our trucks home...but many times take our first call direct from the house.......but I foresee losing the trucks soon...possibly just the on call guy and a backup driving home for their own call week......

Gas here in tennessee is 2.18 a gallon right now and we are expecting 2.40-2.80 just around the corner.... I dont mind losing the truck but I hope we do come up with some sort of compromise....like maybe driving home every other week or so...cause 2.40 a gallon in my own vehicle is going to be rough.....

When we hire...the drive the truck home thing is part of the hiring package......so I do hope we can work something out. Its almost like a cut in pay to lose it.