txv indoor

Thread: txv indoor

I had a scroll burn up the first year on a new install . It had a non bleed exspanntion valve on the varible speed air handler . The od unit didnt come with a hard start kit or a cc heater ? Why wouldnt they use a bleed valve on the indoor unit ? bh im really losing faith in this eqipment .
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Originally posted by bob hubbard
    I had a scroll burn up the first year on a new install . It had a non bleed exspanntion valve on the varible speed air handler . The od unit didnt come with a hard start kit or a cc heater ? Why wouldnt they use a bleed valve on the indoor unit ? bh im really losing faith in this eqipment .
    Non-bleed TXV and a compressor burnout are not necessarily synonymous.

Poor installation procedures could lead to a burnout, overcharge of refrigerant, power supply issues, or...too many variables without actually being at the job.

Non-bleed TXV's do not allow the system to equalize during the off cycle. Non-bleed TXV's add a degree of efficiency to higher SEER equipment by reducing the pump down time on the evaporator after the compressor restarts.
    A crankcase heater is a good idea whenever the compressor is installed in a location lower than the evaporator, or when low ambient operation is expected.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.