Fresh air for a machine shop

A customer has a machine shop, with about 20 people and a dozen or so big machines. The coolant they use for their processes is water based, and humidity is high, summer and winter. Right now, the cold water lines above the shop floor are raining sweat on the employees.

How do I bring in some fresh dry air Summer and winter? How much air do I need?

Thanks
    Jason

look up munters or deschamps type equipment, may be able to use that heat from the process for low temp reheat for dehumidification. They do some interestng stuff these days. expensive, but decent payback. gotta think outside the box on this one.

Lets say a water source heatpump where the process water goes through a coaxial coil. dx takes the heat out of the water and cools it off. discharge gas is used in the exhaust air stream(condenser coil) as low temp regen for a dessicant wheel. it can happen. you will need to work with the local rep on this though. .

incoming air loses moisture, condenser from water source rejects it. into exhaust airstream. sound interesting?

Aaon or Addison would also work for 100 % Mua but that trimsol that's the misted or flooded coolant for the machines can be easily picked up by pleated filters. They do make air scrubbers specifically made to remove excess trimsol out of the air.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Check these two posts out on using a ERU and reducing the amount of OA required by the IMC (International Mech. Code). Don't have the IMC with me here at home but you are looking at 15 CFM per person which can be reduced to 7.5 with Bi-Polor Ionization. The cost savings in reduced tonage will pay for the Bi-Polor system. Anyhow check it out. Hope this helps. Thank you very much

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...61&postcount=6

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...71&postcount=8
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by bja105 View Post
    A customer has a machine shop, with about 20 people and a dozen or so big machines. The coolant they use for their processes is water based, and humidity is high, summer and winter. Right now, the cold water lines above the shop floor are raining sweat on the employees.

How do I bring in some fresh dry air Summer and winter? How much air do I need?

Thanks
    For winter, the question is: How much natural fresh air in already infiltrating the building currently? If you need a large amount of supplemental air, heat exhanger may have payback. If you are just a little short, simple exhaust ventilation will supplement natural infiltration. What is the current temp/%RH on a 24 hour basis? This will give you the amount of increased dry air you need.
    For the summer, a couple of commercial dehumidifiers like the Quest 150H 20 gal.per day dehumidifiers with some make-up air ventilation will keep a machine shop dry. Make-up air is operated when the shoop is occupied. Depending how much make-up is needed during the winter, the Quest dehus canbe used winter and summper for make-up air. This type of equipment is less expensive than dessicant to operate and purchase.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Brooklyn NY- you always know someone from Brooklyn
    If you insulate the coolant lines, that would take care of the "raining" issue.
    have you lookied into Big Ass Fans? these are large propeller type ceiling fans that can help to alleviate stale air and help with air circulation.
    BTW i am not a rep for anyone- i have seen literature on these fans and had ordered them for a space i had built out- 30' slab height, exposed (insulated) hot water and refrigerant piping. last i heard these worked pretty well