Does anyone know where to get a download of a psychrometric chart? I'm studying for my cont. license, and need to knock the rust off of my chart plotting.

I didn't need it for my test,
    I didn't have any chart questions.

It's all about loads and venting and codes.
    Atleast here.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

I wish it were here also. I had my license in North Carolina. That test was all code and load calc. Here in Arizona it's all wacky stuff you never think about. Questions like how thick is the indicator stripe on a piece of hard copper. The test has no load calc stuff and a lot of boiler questions which is crazy, because it's all gas furnaces and heat pumps in Phoenix. They even have oil furnace questions, and there isn't an oil furnace anywhere for 40 miles.

My book must be @ the shop,
    Try this,

http://www.psychrometric.com/
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Try this link, there is a psych software tool ,, under design solutions, it is free and very useful.There is also a pipesizer and ductsizer software tool.

http://www.mcquay.com

Duckman;
    I tried to get a decent one for free online but I ended up getting the one on ACCA's site.
    It's a real nice one with illustrations and guides for dummies like myself.

When I got my license in N.C.,the test material was 55% load calcs and Manual D and the rest code.
    I had no questions at all on psychometrics when I tested but that means absolutely nothing.
    Since it is all handled by PSI(testing agency) on computer, the state can send a request for changes to the testing authority on a DAILY basis.
    They simply make the changes with a keystroke and the subject matter looks completely different!
    25% passing rate @ present.

That's right Chillbilly, I forgot about all the Man D ?'s on the N.C. test. They really got me on those, but i got lucky and passed anyway. I even forgot to bring my icbo code book with me. The test in Az. unfortunately closed book, unlike the N.C. test. I don't think you could pass the n.C. test if it was closed book. I do think it was a better test in determining someones ability in the field. Where in N.C. are you?

if you are studying for you license you should have, Modern Refrigeration & air conditioning, International Mechanical Code, my advice is to stay with these 2 publications, you will benefit more from having two core sources of accurate complete info. rather than skipping around for bits & pieces, you allso will get your psych chart !

Where in N.C. are you? [/B][/QUOTE]

I am on the Outer Banks...Kitty Hawk
    Good luck with it!

Originally posted by captainrat
    if you are studying for you license you should have, Modern Refrigeration & air conditioning, International Mechanical Code, my advice is to stay with these 2 publications, you will benefit more from having two core sources of accurate complete info. rather than skipping around for bits & pieces, you allso will get your psych chart !
    I have those two books and modern ref doesn't have much on pshyc charts, at least not the depth I'm looking for. The trane manual has more than modern ref but i do need to get Man p. I'm want to learn as much as I can about pshyc charts for my own technical growth, more than to pass my test. I realize now I've forgotten most of what I know about them, and I want to be able to use them for all ranges of uses.

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Where in N.C. are you?

I am on the Outer Banks...Kitty Hawk
    Good luck with it! [/B][/QUOTE]
    If I lived there, i never would have moved. That's some beautiful land.