Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all!

I have a 2000 Coleman furnace in our trailer house and it is not heating properly. It will come on and not ignite right away, then it fires up and runs a short time and shuts down. I can still hear it trying to ignite again, which it does and cycles for a short time again. It does this for a while but eventually shut off completely and not get the temperature up to what the thermostat is set at.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Bruce

This could be many things. Tstat problem, circuit board problem, proving switch problem, venting problem, airflow problem etc. May be best to have a tech look at it and within a half hour he could tell you exactly what is the problem. Good luck.

Remember, this is not a DIY site so we cannot instruct you on how to fix your furnace.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Have a trained service tech repair it, and then have annual maintence checks done to it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Have a trained service tech repair it, and then have annual maintence checks done , this is not a DIY site so we cannot instruct you on how to fix your furnace.

I agree with all of the above, but first change your air filter it is probally dirty, also make sure all reg's are open. If this doesn't work than take the above advice.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

make the call
    there is a trained tech that is able to fix it neer you

Don't want to get 'ripped off.'

Hi guys!

I guess I was not coming across correctly originally. I will be phoning a tech Mon. but don't want to get taken for a ride as it seems pretty common around here any time I get something worked on. Your guidance would be appreciated in the respect of knowing what I should expect to hear when he comes in.

The only other time I had problems with this furnace was simply a dirty sensor, luckily it only cost me $85 to have the guy come in at midnight and clean it. However, that was not here and I'm expecting the worst. I've heard stories that similar calls in this town can be $200 or more.

As a side note, I tried to clean the sensor and that didn't work, beyond that I will NOT try to do anything further myself. The only reason I tried that is because that tech SHOWED me how to do it if it occurred again.

Thanks for any help in preventing me from being 'taken.'

Bruce

I haven't posted for a while. But I get the feeling advice rules have changed. Yes, get a train tech out first thing monday.

Yes, be ready to pay him for what ever he finds.

There are a dozen things that could be wrong #1..... LP fuel tank level (that you haven't mention) low on fuel ((very little to fix))) and #12.... a crack heat exchanger ((alot to fix))) ONLY GUESS

Good luck. Trust you service tech and company that you call.

We here would like to know what you find out and other homeonwers that read these post.
    A switch is a "switch" is a switch".

Post What he said.

The older Colemans required a manual reset. It could be as simple as a plugged filter, or if your filter is filthy dirt has plugged your evaporator coil. LAck of air flow high temp rise, your gonna trip the limit, which may be resetting.

If your filter is dirty, chnge it if this corect the problem, great!

But at the very least you should still have a proffessional service company service the heater for you.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Could be under recall if its a DGAT version...

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Originally posted by Chad711
    Could be under recall if its a DGAT version...

Listen to what he just said, what he has seen would scare you!

You might want to mention spider nest to your service tech. Mobile home furnaces seem to attract them. He should know where to look.

Re: Don't want to get 'ripped off.'

Originally posted by brucelh
    ... luckily it only cost me $85 to have the guy come in at midnight and clean it. However, that was not here and I'm expecting the worst. I've heard stories that similar calls in this town can be $200 or more.

Midnight, $85?

"...similar calls in this town can be $200 ..."

Don't come to my town, we'll charge you an arm and a leg, an inconvience fee, a midnight fee, a cleaning fee, and then some. :-)

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 03-26-2005 at 12:25 AM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast