Thread: professioon opinion needed

Post Likes

Question

i am in need of replacing my current furnace. i had a professional come out and he gave me an estimate. the problem i am having is that the furnace that he will be putting in is a gibson furnace, which is a product line under nordyne. i was informed that nordyne also is responsible for several other brands of products.
    i have never heard of gibson and was wondering if anyone has heard of this product and i would greatly appreciate any info anyone has on the quality of this product. thanks!

Post Likes
    Yes nordyne uses the lines of Kelvinator, Tappan and many others. Nordyne is a good furnace for the price. they have great warranties on there products... 5-10 years depending on the name on it. In my experience- they stand behind there product when there were issues.

Post Likes

Wink thanks

thank you so much for the information, it helps me a great deal!!!!!!

Originally posted by T Martin
    Yes nordyne uses the lines of Kelvinator, Tappan and many others. Nordyne is a good furnace for the price. they have great warranties on there products... 5-10 years depending on the name on it. In my experience- they stand behind there product when there were issues.

Post Likes
    Gibson is the bottom of the family with Maytag at the top. So Gibson units will have shortest warranties, least frills, cheapest outdoor unit construction. Meant to compete with Goodman & Payne. The 2nd to the top lines, Westinghouse, Frigidaire & Tappan have much better warranties and better outdoor units.

Post Likes
    I see no differences between a Gibson and a Tappan other that the parts warranty. 5vs8.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Gibson has the cheapest cabinet - virtually no cabinet. On the better lines, the additional warranty of getting a new outdoor unit if the compressor fails in 5 years too.

Post Likes
    The quality of the installation is the most important factor. The brand of air conditioner comes in second. If you have the first one covered you don't have to worry to much about the second.

Post Likes
    I was referring to the furnace. But I must say the Tappan offer more protection than the gibson ac. It even offers more protection than a carrier ac.

[Edited by twilli3967 on 04-01-2005 at 08:56 PM]
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in