Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The picture of the burner - top right - the orifices appear to be plugged? If so, could be your problem...will affect ignition & flame sense.

It's calling for 8" at the burner? Seems pretty high for that type of burner. And you adjusted that at max fire? If that is all good, have you tried lowering the airflow abit, just to see what would happen. With a VFD is would be real easy. Also what the flame look like at minimum and maximum fire? It should real steady, if not airflow or gas pressure isn't right(assuming the burner is good, which it does from the picture)

I can't see how upgrading to a pilot setup with solve your problem, but again I don't have much experience directly lighting those burners. So who knows, maybe it's a bad setup and that why the manufacture is suggesting a pilot upgrade.

when fails, always fails on ignition. can hear spark, but does not light. The burner orfices have been cleaned. Gas press. after honeywell valve is 8.5"wg.

Quote Originally Posted by relay320 View Post
    when fails, always fails on ignition. can hear spark, but does not light. The burner orfices have been cleaned. Gas press. after honeywell valve is 8.5"wg.
    Ok now we are getting somewhere.

Need to be 100% sure that the spark electrode gap is per factory.
    Need to be 100% sure that spark is at electrode end and not sparking through wire to ground or at any other point of origin. (Per your pic it appears you have the spark electrode assembly with remote flame sense. make sure the electrode ground bar is not broke or missing or the tip burnt off I have attached the fenwal manual with all the good poop in it. If all is good?????

On ignition when your control is sparking with your volt meter on the low fire valve, make sure you have voltage (when failing) and you actually are moving gas through low fire valve. (You know where im heading) and it is reaching your burner orphices. Just confirming we dont have a failing low fire valve.

Now you have me just as curious to see this resolved without parts changing unless necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emcontrols; 01-30-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added attachment

?

If its sparking not proving , fails to ignite, it may be as simple as dirty feeder tubes, sounds like everyone else has brought up every other posible problem.

i have seen this before and it kicked my butt for awhile

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-24-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: non AOP member

Jecidaho

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345