Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I run service.After hearing the symptoms and answering any questions.I usually like to not have the homeowner too involved in the repair process.
    Go RCR!

stetsonw
    maybe i lost something somewhere. on your first post you explained how you were going to do the job your self
    then asked about the ductwork in t he house. told how you want to do the drains and other things. ok now you have friends doing it and you are just helping them
    amazing what a few beers can do. so my question to you is simple. witch is it. the first post or this one.
    i go along with doc. get some real help before you get in to deep and it costs a lot more to fix
    diy is a good thing dont get me wrong but it like anything else has its place. hvac isnt the place. sorry
    i need a new septic system. yea i can dig a gaint hole fill it with stones and walla its done. i called a septic guy gave him 4000 $ and done i needed a shower valve and i called a plumber piad him and it works
    i could have done it but i am not a plumber my point is get get someone that does it for a living and sit back have a beer and enjoy

Intrusion detection ? kewl stuff

Stetsonw, thats kewl stuff...are you just getting into this area, or have you previous in-depth IP experience? One of my buddies is a CCIE...man I would luv to have his job...work 4 hours a day, 9 months a year and bring home $150k.

Folks,

My contractor friend gave me a good deal to do it all himself and me getting out of his hair (I ask too many questions and want to know too much). I couldn't turn it down, so I'm out of the loop on this install until it's done. I'll keep you posted.

Dogturd:
    I've been into intrusion detection since 2000. Did it for IBM for the Olympics and Wimbledon, both very hostile hacker environments because of the large audiences if there is a successful hack. It's a fun job. Been into AIX/Unix/Linux since 1993. IP network experience came as a side-kick to the above.

The rest of us:
    I'd love to take you for a spin to install a large scale multi-million dollar system one day. I'm sure I can get you top at least understand what's going on and how we can balance the CPU and memory sizes and data throughput without high sawpping and high CPU utilization which in the HVAC world, would equate to high static.

Like I said, LOTS of similarities in the industries when you start doing the more serious stuff (not Best Buy PC's and window units) ;-)

Stetsonw, nice jorb dude. I gave up AIX in 1999 when I switched jobs and went to a Sun site. Man I missed AIX, so much easier to use, but Solaris 10 is supposed to be sweet. I also did 10 years AS/400, but I am not looking back on that..

Right now I am sticking with Oracle DBA, Oracle ERP sysadmin and Unix sysadmin, plus the regular stuff.

What is the status of your furnace install now?

Gave up on doing it myself or helping contractor. Letting him do it all ............. We'll see in a couple days ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12