Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Comtrol is a slut.

CPC has an E2 controlling Comtrol hardware in a store somewhere in Cali and has asked my shop to do the same for them in a Safeway in Western Canada. Looks like a great alternative to me. I'm curious if this will allow the old Comtrol boards to be slowly replaced with CPC boards as needed? We have more info on the way.

Interesting! Hopefully they publish their findings!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

thank heavens my safeway accounts out here are replacing their crapped out Comtrol with E2's and not making a hybrid

With E2s in the stores I'll finally be able to take boxes of 4K, 6K, and CWEBs out to the shooting range. Emerson does the alarm monitoring in this area for Safeway, no guessing what they would prefer.

Just an update. I have a test board in front of me with an E2 running several Comtrol I/O boards. The E2 will need firmware 2.84 or higher and must have a purchased license for this application. The Comtrol boards run on a second network separate from the CPC I/O network and are configured the same as on a Comtrol network. I am not sure how the Global network is handled which connects the CWEB or 6K/5K interfaces to the controllers.

When reading posts like this It makes me glad that most of the control i'm doing is microthermal. Just last week a tech took over and I just sat back and let him correct the problem remotely, as for the screen any screen will work !!! The latest I have seen is a touch screen interface for the staff of the store.

Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    Just an update. I have a test board in front of me with an E2 running several Comtrol I/O boards. The E2 will need firmware 2.84 or higher and must have a purchased license for this application. The Comtrol boards run on a second network separate from the CPC I/O network and are configured the same as on a Comtrol network. I am not sure how the Global network is handled which connects the CWEB or 6K/5K interfaces to the controllers.
    Does the E2 still see one AI board as 2? (meaning physical AI #1 =1 and 2)

Quote Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
    Does the E2 still see one AI board as 2? (meaning physical AI #1 =1 and 2)
    Yes. Combination RTU boards also still use one address, but show up independently. (RO, AI, AO)

Quote Originally Posted by frigeguy View Post
    When reading posts like this It makes me glad that most of the control i'm doing is microthermal. Just last week a tech took over and I just sat back and let him correct the problem remotely, as for the screen any screen will work !!! The latest I have seen is a touch screen interface for the staff of the store.
    I say the same about MT. Every store is different from the next and relies on a crappy Windows workstation that fails after a few years and costs 10x it's worth to be replaced by Microthermo. Yes, I know the store will run without it like I can drive my car in the dark with no lights. Not to mention the extremely overpriced boards that are single purpose. CPC and Comtrol can be upgraded to the latest versions by free and by anybody. My personal favorite is having to create a 3rd virtual rack to handle all the circuits that won't fit into 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    I say the same about MT. Every store is different from the next and relies on a crappy Windows workstation that fails after a few years and costs 10x it's worth to be replaced by Microthermo. Yes, I know the store will run without it like I can drive my car in the dark with no lights. Not to mention the extremely overpriced boards that are single purpose. CPC and Comtrol can be upgraded to the latest versions by free and by anybody. My personal favorite is having to create a 3rd virtual rack to handle all the circuits that won't fit into 2.
    Hello mspanky,

Sorry to hear you had such bad experiences with MT products. I have been working for MT for 15 years. I'm in Research and Development, not Sales or Marketing. Let me know if you need any help with our products in the future. I'll be here to help.
    -------------------------
    CO2 Racks Rock !

I love microtherm, but.......... boards are way to pricey. So you have to take that into account when pricing a new job or retrofit. bring down the cost and you'll see more sales.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -frozen-ocean- View Post
    I love microtherm, but.......... boards are way to pricey. So you have to take that into account when pricing a new job or retrofit. bring down the cost and you'll see more sales.
    then yroy will have to take a pay cut

joking of course!! :P
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast