40 deg room to 0 deg

I have a staging warehouse that is kept at forty using Bohn condensors and Heatcraft evaporators that the production managers want to be lowered to zero. These are R-22 systems with air defrost how feasible would this be. Obviously we would have to add defrost . Any input would be appreciated>

There's a long list of reasons why this would not be feasable. The need for defrost is only one.

The space is most likely not properly insulated for 0F...particularly the floor. If the floor isn't designed for that temperature with adequate insulation, vapor barrier, subsoil drainage and underfloor heating the resulting frost buildup can literally lift the building and possibly destroy the structure.

The entry/service doors and frames need to be designed for low temperatures as well, pressure relief ports must be added to prevent the walls & ceiling from imploding and even the interior lighting will likely need to be replaced.

The refrigeration systems you have would best be totally replaced as they aren't suitable for the application. While R22 can and is used for low temperature work, the compressors you have would not be rated for it.

The evaporators don't have a wide enough fin spacing nor are they circuited for low temperature and most would not have provisions to add defrost heaters anyway.

I could go on, but that should be enough for now.

You mean you cant just change the thermostat to a low temp one?

that is a lot of help Icemeister I appreciate it.