+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooling tower staging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I have a CSI INET 7700 controling my cooling towers,the towers has just been replaced.There is a reduction of the number of fans from eight to six with the new tower that I will edit in the program.As with the old towers there are two sump pumps (2 close circuit towers).The staging set up is all dampers pump1/fan1/2/3/4/ pump2/fan5/6/7/8.My question is would it be better to bring on the second tower pump on after the first tower pump than bring on the fans?The tower is in Connecticut so it does run in the dry mode.

Post Likes
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve. Most cost effective (energy) sequence, equal run times, capacity, etc? What are the specs on the new equipment? Talk to the engineer who spec'd the new equipment - there should be spec for SOO.

Post Likes
    I agree with ps, check the Seq of Op. When running in the dry mode, something we don't see much in the Southeast, the fans may kick on too late. The delay between pump stage and fan stage might have to be adjusted (or zeroed out) for dry operation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in