Thread: trane TTB012

i need a top for this unit, my supplier says they do not make a 1 ton split. I am not stupid, can read, and found that this unit WAS made by Trane (google). the grille on top that holds the condenser motor is damaged and must be replaced. anyone have a part number or phone number i can use to get this straight.

the matter of fact response/tone i recieved today from my supplier telling me my numbers were wrong pi$$ed me off. I am gonna fix this unit despite my supplier's ignorance

thanks
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

I don't know what to tell you as far as finding a different supplier for it, maybe call your local distributor back and try for a different person. If you are stuck with talking to the same guy, try asking him to please look it up. Trane has made the 1 ton XB1000 units forever.

Trane still manufactures the TTB012C unit. They kept the XB1000 line around in the 1 ton to 2 ton range because the XB10 and XR11 units don't match up with a lot of the fan coil units commonly used in appartments.

Trane also makes a 1 ton outdoor unit in the XB10 line.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by mark beiser
    They kept the XB1000 line around in the 1 ton to 2 ton range because the XB10 and XR11 units don't match up with a lot of the fan coil units commonly used in appartments.
    They also don't fit on the little pads or go up the access hatch like the XB1000 does. Kind of hard to replace with a larger unit in quite few situations.

What's the full model #? Trane tends to use the same letters for years!

JUSTICE!!!!

called a distributor from the other side of town, he gave me the part #'s, called my supplier, no problem ordering them! told him it was for the TTB012 and he said "yeah, right"! showed him a download of this post i printed off and he shut up!!

thanks guys!!
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

Originally posted by hvac4u
    showed him a download of this post i printed off and he shut up!!
    He was probably crying inside at the realization that he has been turning away many thousands of dollars worth of sales a year because he was to friggin stupid to keep up with what was available in one of his product lines!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.