Re-Verba-Ray Hanging Gas Heaters
    Hi Guys
    I think that I am write is saying that this is the write name I saw on the tube type gas heater hanging in a shop area today.
    I need a service manual for the heater "Re-Verba-Ray" Does anyone know the website?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

I don't have a manual, but I can answer most any question about them. They are what are installed in my own shop.

Thanks

Berad,
    I looked at the heater from the floor today during a service call and I will go back with the cage to go up on a fork lift to get the model number but for now the only thing that I know is that the customer smells some gas and there is a lot of soot present at the exhaust cap on the wall. The heater I am told is about 7 years old and as far as I know nothing has been done to it as far as servicing it. I am thinking maybe it has an inlet filter stopped up if it has one.
    How can I clean the tube to get rid of the soot or will it clean itself when I get it burning properly?
    I found the website and as soon as I can get the model I will download the manuals.
    Thanks for your help.

First thing to know is it is all 120 volt including the controls. The second thing is if you have the cover open the pressure switch won't make. The head of the unit can be taken off and set on a bench to trouble shoot and operate. Don't stand in front of it if you plug it in. As soon as you plug it in it will fire. They are operated by a high voltage t-stat that makes and breaks the outlet it is plugged into. As far as the soot goes, it's the usual. Make sure the inducer motor is operating properly and the wheel is clean. There is a inlet screen where the inducer pushes air into the head, make sure it is clean. Check the orifice. Gas pressure in and out of the gas valve. The soot can be cleaned but it takes a bit of a speacial tool. It is a long handled brush about 4 inches in diameter that you push through and clean out the soot. It makes a big mess. You'll Probably have to take the tube sections down and clean them individualy. Hopefuly this is a model where the tubes are bolted together with a sleeve and not the one that the tubes slide over each other and get sealed by some sort of epoxy goop that comes with it. If it is gooped a chimney sweep can run brushes though it from the flue end to the head wnd with the head off. The soot won't burn itself out it will need removed.

Thanks Again

Your reply will be most helpful.

Glad to be of help to a pier.

If you can get the tubes to a carwash, high pressure water and soap will clean out the soot, as far as the cause, this is when you earn your wage solving it! Good LucK!