About time!

Thread: About time!

White-Rodgers will be introducing new touchscreen thermostat soon. They wouldn't give a date though. Always been partial to W-R products. Maybe give Honeywell some competition.

YEAH!!! What he said!!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

white- rodgers will never produce as many t-stats as honeywell has produced T-87F's.

Thumbs up

I'll stick with Honeywell, they work well for me

Hope they don't look as cheesy as the Honeywell. I love the Focus Pro but have yet to install the touch screen and don't plan to. Reminds me too much of the fast food registers. Can't comprehend the buttons? Maybe one day they will put little pictures on them. Another contribution to the "dumbing down" of America IMO.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Nothing new under the sun. Went to a clients home 2 years ago, tried to turn on their Rite Touch stat. Never saw one before. "Uh ma'am, how do you turn on your thermostat?" Just touch the screen, she says. Man, was that embarrassing.
    "Where did you get a thermostat like that?" I asked. Home Depot, she said. This was one year before the VisionPro came out.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

a monkey could program a honeywell vision pro.

very user friendly.

Originally posted by billva
    a monkey could program a honeywell vision pro.
    They say that given an infinite amount of time, one hundred monkeys in a room full of typewriters could write the entire works of William Shakespere. The Honeywell VisionPro--Two monkeys, ten minutes.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

after finding two heat pump thermostats THAT DIDN'T WORK,,, back to back, I think they'd have time better spent fixin the ones they have now.....

It's true ... White-Rodgers will be introducing a touch-screen stat later this year. I may be a little biased, because I work for WR, but from what I've seen so far you're going to love the stat. We did a lot of contractor research and have some unique contractor/homeowner friendly features. I can't talk about it alot more right now but I'll post some more info as soon as I get an O.K. from the bosses.