Thread: Warranty

Hmm

In April of 2004 I had a local contractor install a complete HVAC system, Rheem 90% plus and a 3 1/2 ton AC complete with new thermostat, Aprilair cleaner and humidifyer. It has come the time to have these units serviced, and my question is if I use another contractor to do the service, will my warranty still be good?

What warranty? The factory warranty would be good but the labor warranty, unless an extended warranty was purchased, is through the original dealer. If more than a year, I'd stay with him. Otherwise, going with another dealer is OK. What's wrong with the people that installed the stuff?

I supposedly have a 10 year warranty, given in lieu of a $300 rebate. I was very unhappy to learn about the Aprilair cleaner recall, from the Mfg. and not the contractor, we are in our senior years and it would have been nice if the installer had offered to assist us in correcting the recall problem.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by lin232
    I supposedly have a 10 year warranty, given in lieu of a $300 rebate. I was very unhappy to learn about the Aprilair cleaner recall, from the Mfg. and not the contractor, we are in our senior years and it would have been nice if the installer had offered to assist us in correcting the recall problem.
    That may be the mfrs fault and not the contractors.I've read about ,but we don't sell them,lets see what others here have to say.

Did you get a warranty/papers issued by the mfr.,for 10years??Does it include labor??

lin232; Yes, existing warraties would be OK, as long as your serviceman is qualified. Just about anything you buy has a minimum year warranty.

Originally posted by lin232
    I was very unhappy to learn about the Aprilair cleaner recall, from the Mfg. and not the contractor, we are in our senior years and it would have been nice if the installer had offered to assist us in correcting the recall problem.
    If Ford were to recall a Crown Victoria would you get a notice from the dealership you bought it from or from Ford? In any event, I doubt your age plays a part in who contacts you. The important thing is that you were contacted. Allow the manufacturers who built the product to stand behind it.

Your standard factory warranties should be honored if you choose to allow someone else to perform the work. However, be prepared because you may like the next company even less than the first for different reasons. If the original installers did well by you I would recommend sticking with them. Good luck!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I deal with several manufacturers....... Only Trane gives me the recall notices.. or service notices.... The others have problems and it seems that its YOUR PROBLEM NOT THEIRS.... Disgusting actually... Anyway bottom line here is..... DID THE DEALER KNOW about the recall?

How did the mfg know you had one if their humidifiers?

Either you filled out a warranty registration card and sent it in to them or the dealer did it for you, I assure you it wasnt randomly sent.

Now if you sent it in, then wonderful, the system worked for you. In most cases dealers dont have the archives to maintain files by that can be manipulated by model number and determine who has what. If he sent it in then it seems he too was looking out for you. The mfg didnt send him a card telling him that you had a problemm they felt it best to contact you and have you call the dealer of your choice to have it repaired or whatever.

Im not sure I understand the complaint and that alone doesnt really suggest you change service providers.

As far as the warranty goes, the mfg warranty is still in place for the parts covered, as Bald said, any additional warranty was purchased and you would need to contact the underwriter of the upgraded warranty for details. If you are simply referring to the 10 year compressor warranty, that is most likely a mfg compressor only warranty.

Good luck.