+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refrigerant monitors

Post Likes

Refrigerant monitors

If you had a choice what brand would you replace one with.I have ten that are not operational for several differant reasons Trane wants Pricing Removed for a gas pump and I really dont like paying them if I dont have to.At least half of them will need to be replaced the other half I can get going but I am concerned due to the age I would be better off replacing them.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 01-18-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Removed pricing in post, please read the site rules in regards to pricing, etc.

Post Likes
    Could you be more specific please? Are you trying to monitor the liquid level in a standpipe of a chiller? Hansen makes a good system that will do this, and it has all kinds of user setpoints that can be manipulated for alarms, control of solenoid valves, etc...

Post Likes
    I worked for a Trane office. Very high percentage of monitors broke within first year and broke again after being sent out to be fixed. High repair bills. We started using Vulcain and have had very good results. I think they are owned by Honeywell now.

Post Likes
    Yokogawa/Bacharach is a good unit. I have one that has been in service for seven years.
    I do have a problem with it that just started a few days ago. I suspect the pump is the
    problem. Haven't had a chance to check it yet. I only work on monitors when I don't have anything else to do.

Post Likes
    we've installed a few of the bacharach monitors in our area recently. work well and seem less problematic than some of the others, highly recommend them

Post Likes
    AR15,
    This is what I have been using.
    http://www.genesis-international.com/
    I like them.
    I put a Sherlock system in at the mall, if you want to come look at it?
    give me a call.

Frank
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the information I will look into the yokogawa and I have already looked into the Backarach monitors.I may take you up on the offer Frank but let me see if they are seriouse.I have a new IMC book on the way my old one is from 94 can anyone tell me if this is in a fire code in any way it may help with the customer.

Post Likes
    Its a guideline set forth by ASHRAE Standard 15. I put in a Sentech IR about a year ago. No trouble yet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST

Post Likes
    I am a fan of the honeywell/vulcain units. you can utilize various sesnors tied to one unit, so multiple refrigerants no problem. in rinks, we also use co sensors tied to them. easy to set up, lots of bells and whistles.

Post Likes
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by GA FRANK View Post
    Yokogawa/Bacharach is a good unit. I have one that has been in service for seven years.
    I do have a problem with it that just started a few days ago. I suspect the pump is the
    problem. Haven't had a chance to check it yet. I only work on monitors when I don't have anything else to do.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    We use Yokagowa/Bacharach monitors in the chiller plant here, years of trouble free service.
    Heatin, Ventin, Rockin, Rollin...

Post Likes
    We have one sitting on the bench at work..boss wants to send it in to get rebuilt. Is this possible? unit is about 18yrs old. pump no longer runs..internal hoses deteriorated, etc, etc

Wall mounted and was wired into an alarm system.

Post Likes
    Dude!!!!!!!

throw it in the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    We have one sitting on the bench at work..boss wants to send it in to get rebuilt. Is this possible? unit is about 18yrs old. pump no longer runs..internal hoses deteriorated, etc, etc

Wall mounted and was wired into an alarm system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Dude!!!!!!!

throw it in the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!

I am all for repairing over replacing but sometimes wow.
    I think i may take pics Monday...someone may want it as an antique?

Post Likes
    I like fixin stuff!

But, if you repair a refrigerant monitor and a chiller dumps its charge in the equipment room, displaces all the oxygen, alarm does not sound or turn on the ventilation fans and kills a few people. May not be good for business?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in