+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non stop icemaking

Post Likes

Non stop icemaking

Friend has a pizza joint with a little Hoshi ice maker. It doesn't stop when the bin gets full. I gather it runs on a thermostat that senses the cold ice and is supposed to shut it off? Apparently this stat is bad? Is that the usual failure?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Friend has a pizza joint with a little Hoshi ice maker. It doesn't stop when the bin gets full. I gather it runs on a thermostat that senses the cold ice and is supposed to shut it off? Apparently this stat is bad? Is that the usual failure?
    Hey John, I never had a problem with them not shutting off. Usually bin stat won't bring em on for me. Here is a link for ya.....

http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/techsupport/tech.asp?
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Like John said usually a bad bin stat keeps the machine off, but I've had them not shut off. Most likely a bad stat. Double check the bulb location. Make sure it touches the ice when the bin is full. You can ohm out the stat, put the bulb in ice and see if the circuit opens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

Post Likes
    Dittos on checking for a stat issue first if by when you say it doesn't stop running it is still making cubes and over filling the bin.
    I believe the tiny machines use a smaller stat than the larger machines and runs through a tube but can't remember now. The sensor could be just knocked out of place.
    M#'s
    Say hi to the E-Man for us
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Yes, it is overflowing the bin. The bulb is in place and ice is definitely in contact with it.

Thanks for the help, I'll download a manual for it.

Post Likes
    If the bin Tstat points are welded shut I'd consider not using a factory replacement but a heavier duty remote bulb digital stat such as Ranco or Johnson makes. Most of those bin stats are cheap, made in china and won't last any longer.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    The unit should shut down 7-10 seconds after coming into contact with ice. Probably losing it's charge or it may just need to be adjusted.
    Mark

Post Likes
    A loss in bulb charge would give you no ice.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    look at the bin stat setting, on hoshisaki if they are turned to the "coldest setting" they will run continously. on the bin stat there is usually a pink mark where the proper setting is. I am really suprised that the machine has not filled ice up into the chute and stopped making ice all together?!?

Post Likes
    So, any remedy yet?
    I ask because you said ice is spilling out of the bin door. This will happen if the ice bin is missing the door bafle. The i/m will build up to the top of the bin, even if its above the door. If the baffle is missing, the ice will spill onto the floor and the i/m will keep running.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    A loss in bulb charge would give you no ice.
    indeed. ice beats on bulb till line cracks and it loses charge. machine shuts down. Bin switch is standard hoshi spare for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in