roberts gordon help!

my best friend has a very old weil-mclain boiler in his home that dates back to the 40s or 50s. he has a roberts gordon gas burner and it has a power pile. my favorite! He stupidly called an electrical company to find out the issue, which they claimed it was the gas valve so he crossed refrenced them and bought a new one which i installed. Then i pulled out his power pile and it was like nothing ive ever seen. its a very old power pile and i was wondering if anyone new where to get a robert gordon power pile or an adaptation to this because a universal one just won't do it. I believe this power pile is one of a kind to this burner assembly. please let me know thanks

Are you in the hvac field or just a friend trying to help a friend?

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

OK we need a picture on this one.
    Do you have the original owners manuel,is it a 250mv or a 750mv model?
    what does the pilot look like,again need picture.
    Let me say it because at least 6 more people are going to tell you that a new boiler is now called for after 50 years.Chances are it will be half the size (burner wise) than the existing one and pay for itself in short order.

I am in the hvac field, its a 750 mv power pile and trust me I tried convincing him but he data he afford it now I told him i'd do it free labor but he said he still can't afford it ill post a picture tonight

Your local HVAC supply house should be able to fix you up.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Welcome to the site bkeogh92,

We will try to help as best we can, but rules don't allow us to give to much detail about working on units to those out here in the open forums. Although since you are in the trade, get you posts up to 15 and apply for pro membership, then if approved you can join us in the pro section where technical help can be given in detail.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Call a pro -now- now-now-