Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Yeah, my favorite part of the class was them telling me there is really no way to know if the charge is correct...you just basically have to dump it and weigh in new...what a *$cked up piece of S$*t. Like we are going to do that on every service call...yeah right.
    I don't like that they want the charge checked each time either from my experience its normally electrical not charge and if the unit is installed correctly i don't think we need to check the charge. there are a lot of checks you can do before checking the charge. i always go for electrical first and charge last even on a conventional system.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8604 View Post
    I don't like that they want the charge checked each time either from my experience its normally electrical not charge and if the unit is installed correctly i don't think we need to check the charge. there are a lot of checks you can do before checking the charge. i always go for electrical first and charge last even on a conventional system.
    Yeah, still sucks though. I think they should have made it so you could put it in a test mode that would run it at full load and then say at this temp inside and this temp outside you should be looking for this....but hey, I am no engineer.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Post Likes
    I like having to use an adapter just to check charge on alot of the mini splits.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    I like having to use an adapter just to check charge on alot of the mini splits.
    LOL...the engineers of the units have never had to work on them...obviously.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

Post Likes
    I would say they new exactly what they were doing when they made the ports different from "standard". Its kind of like the cap on the gas valve adjustment for the Trane units, it is pointless other than making you have to buy "their" stuff to work on the equipment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 929rc51 View Post
    I would say they new exactly what they were doing when they made the ports different from "standard". Its kind of like the cap on the gas valve adjustment for the Trane units, it is pointless other than making you have to buy "their" stuff to work on the equipment.

You are probably right...dang right wingers!

Post Likes
    Hi all. first off I'm not a tech guy. my background has been in management, computers, and sales with an emphasis on customer service. Basically the HVAC company I work for brought me in to help redo the website and then do some marketing and sales. but before I knew it I got sucked into dispatching, managing the office, and other extraneous tasks.
    I attended a Goodman dealer meeting in Irving last night and got some great ideas.
    I think I bring some customer service views not normally seen in this industry. at least from what I've seen so far. I'm in the middle of cleaning up our database of customer names and addresses to send out our spring postcards, which I re-did the design for as well. I'm an Art Institute ...well.... I was gonna say drop out, but I got kicked out really.
    but that was long ago in a different life.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences here as well as learning from y'all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb45696 View Post
    Hi all. first off I'm not a tech guy. my background has been in management, computers, and sales with an emphasis on customer service. Basically the HVAC company I work for brought me in to help redo the website and then do some marketing and sales. but before I knew it I got sucked into dispatching, managing the office, and other extraneous tasks.
    I attended a Goodman dealer meeting in Irving last night and got some great ideas.
    I think I bring some customer service views not normally seen in this industry. at least from what I've seen so far. I'm in the middle of cleaning up our database of customer names and addresses to send out our spring postcards, which I re-did the design for as well. I'm an Art Institute ...well.... I was gonna say drop out, but I got kicked out really.
    but that was long ago in a different life.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences here as well as learning from y'all.
    Welcome, sounds like you are doing well.

Post Likes
    I work for ProMech In Cheswick PA, And I have interest in becoming an apprentice with the union soon. I currently go to CCAC west hills center in Pittsburgh and I am enrolled in Air conditioning. I have had other courses, In Electricity and Refrigeration. I want to get on your website in order to commit myself further to my own education, as well as furthering those whom I may contact with your web-site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPyro View Post
    I work for ProMech In Cheswick PA, And I have interest in becoming an apprentice with the union soon. I currently go to CCAC west hills center in Pittsburgh and I am enrolled in Air conditioning. I have had other courses, In Electricity and Refrigeration. I want to get on your website in order to commit myself further to my own education, as well as furthering those whom I may contact with your web-site.
    Welcome to the site.

Post Likes
    I am new to the sight. I found out about it from some co-workers and have been hooked ever since. I started out in this field around 16 years ago. I went to college as a health major and quickly realized it was not working. I quit school and took a full time job at the grain mill where I worked summers at. There was an older gentelman that was taking HVAC couses at the local community college and I became intrigued about the field. I enrolled and immediately found a job in the HVAC field that I worked at when I went to school in the evenings. I obtained and associates degree in HVAC Technology. I have always been in the commercial field. The first 8 years of my career were in installation and start up, the rest have been in service. I am NATE certified and factory certified for Trane RTAA, RTAC chillers along with numerous other training. I am currently a supervisor at a large Mechanical Contractor in Pennsylvania.

Post Likes
    welcome Jabeu
    get pro membership!
    I think the chiller forum will only be available to pros here in a couple days!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by jabeu View Post
    I am new to the sight. I found out about it from some co-workers and have been hooked ever since. I started out in this field around 16 years ago. I went to college as a health major and quickly realized it was not working. I quit school and took a full time job at the grain mill where I worked summers at. There was an older gentelman that was taking HVAC couses at the local community college and I became intrigued about the field. I enrolled and immediately found a job in the HVAC field that I worked at when I went to school in the evenings. I obtained and associates degree in HVAC Technology. I have always been in the commercial field. The first 8 years of my career were in installation and start up, the rest have been in service. I am NATE certified and factory certified for Trane RTAA, RTAC chillers along with numerous other training. I am currently a supervisor at a large Mechanical Contractor in Pennsylvania.

Post Likes
    i am working on it, trying to build up my posts.
    thanks for the heads up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jabeu View Post
    Welcome.

Post Likes

new

I my self have been thought school and have been working for a company 4 13 years i am currently the service manager

Post Likes
    Welcome Gerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad to have you!

how many service techs are you service manager over and what type of work do you do?

Frank

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald herr View Post
    I my self have been thought school and have been working for a company 4 13 years i am currently the service manager
    Welcome to the site gerald.

Post Likes
    slacker!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    slacker!

Been busy ordering my new AK-47.

Post Likes
    glad you did not buy a POS chinese SKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post

Been busy ordering my new AK-47.

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in