Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598 ... LastLast
Results 1,132 to 1,144 of 1468
    Are you talking post as in any reply to others threads or threads you create.

I started out in the Heating Plant at WIU. Did not like being confined to one location and since my promotional line ran to UMR position or Engineer I thought I would take a few refrigeration courses. Found a great course at Illinois Central College and could not stop till I completed all the courses they had. Now I just have to finish a few prerequisits and I have my Associates degree. I have taken a possition as UMR and enjoy every day, never knowing what I'm going to be working on. On the right track and hopefully will complete an Engineering degree before I retire.

I grew up outside of Orlando, FL, and shortly after High School I decided I wanted to give this industry a shot. I moved to the DFW area and started working for my uncle's father-in-law. I knew absolutely nothing about anything, and was more interested in girls and trucks. After 8 months I decided to move back to Florida; I was way too immature to handle the responsibilities that were being placed on me, and I didn't want to burn my bridges here. 5 years later, I had grown up a bit (removed my head from my back side) and decided to move back. 6 years solid in this industry, all on the job training, and I'm confident in my service techniques and diagnosing skills in the areas I'm familiar with, but I'm well aware that I still don't know squat in the whole scheme of things...lol. Most of my experience is with Trane IPAK and Voyagers, Carrier VVT, Carrier/Lennox/York/etc. small package units, pneumatic systems, vavs/fpbs, Lieberts, and semi-hermetic compressors. I don't get on this site as much as I'd like to, but it truly is a great place to learn new information and bounce thoughts/ideas off other techs for some excellent feedback.

I started out at a young age living in a small rural community with nothing to do but fish and learn how to repair just about everything around the house, I gradually started making money working for local farmers repairing barns , tractors, and vehicles.
    I attended vocational school not wanting to limit myself to just one field but learn as much as I could in all fields of study they had to offer.
    When I started working in the hvacr business I had some basic knowledge of heat and aircondionting systems , but didn't tell my employer at the time, I'm not a "know- it all" type person and he put me with a tech that has been working doing this for well over 15yrs, he has taught me a lot, I learn something everyday .
    Each coworker I work with must be willing to work , show up for work everyday and have a positive attitude . We help each other but are able to do each others job, never stand with your hands in your pocket philosophy! Thanks and looking forward to reading others post

(french-canadian alert, correct the mistakes please )

I got out of school in december 2010 and found a first job 3 months later in a small company 80miles from where I was living that did only mini-split residential installation. I learned a lot there on how to prepare the truck and do an effective and fast job as we could install 4 mini-split a day when it went good. But after sometimes another company called me which I really wanted to work for with better salary, union and health insurance but still had to drive 1 hour every morning and evening to get to. Still I decided to join them and started doing some service with the main tech there. god I loved it but after a month I returned with another tech on the installation rush since it was summer and the main tech could handle the service on is own. As fall arrived and I was sent into the north along with the shop's control techs on native communities to do controls on construction site, mainly doing wiring and EMT pipes. Did that til spring came back along with the maintenance, services and installations.

Its a small company of about 10 people, we have 2 electro-mecanics, 2 control techs, 3 electricians and 2 HVAC techs including myself. The boss as both electrician and refrigeration contractor licenses. We also now have an aeronautic department, building helicopters lol! Its pretty different everyday and I learn stuff in multiple domain. But now its time for me to get to a higher step as the boss as call for me to replace the main tech in about a year!!! He's been working in the field for over 15 years now so I have big shoes to wear and I think this site could help a lot reaching that goal !!

My father and grandpa have been in business for 40 years so I have been around the industry most of my life; however, he wanted me to go my own way to find out what I wanted to do. I ended up going to Oklahoma state university for a finance degree, worked for MetLife for about 3 months and decided I couldn't sit behind a desk all day every day. Now I'm 6 months into my apprenticeship doing installation and a little bit of service with my dad.

They also have me training in the office once a week using my financial skills as a way to help benefit.

In 6 months its amazing what I have learned, before I started I didn't even know what a return air was. Now I can comfortably install returns and supply ducts myself, and even do a little bit of wiring. I can't wait to keep learning more!

My father is an HVACR technician, and I started to follow him to work for few years now. We do installation work mostly for restaurants and residential places. Some works that we do are, install all type of restaurant equipment, such as rooftop ac, split system ac, walk in boxes, remote fridge/freezers, exhaust hood, and even kitchen equipment such as their stoves and ovens etc... As for residential areas, other than their heating systems, we also install mini split ac system, main Fujitsu mini split, which are getting alot popular these days. And of course, we do repair on all these systems too.
    As of now, my knowledge is still limited, I wanna learn more about this field, and be an expert at it. Talk to you guys soon.

Me to.

Quote Originally Posted by EEAllen View Post
    My father is an HVACR technician, and I started to follow him to work for few years now. We do installation work mostly for restaurants and residential places. Some works that we do are, install all type of restaurant equipment, such as rooftop ac, split system ac, walk in boxes, remote fridge/freezers, exhaust hood, and even kitchen equipment such as their stoves and ovens etc... As for residential areas, other than their heating systems, we also install mini split ac system, main Fujitsu mini split, which are getting alot popular these days. And of course, we do repair on all these systems too.
    As of now, my knowledge is still limited, I wanna learn more about this field, and be an expert at it. Talk to you guys soon.
    I have to say that I to would like to become an expert at it. But like all things about the time I think I've got it all figured out I learn something new.

Long time installer with weak service skills that I hope to improve with sites like this and the local classes.

Home Inspector with an Associate Degree in HVAC/R.....

Hello All

I am new to the board and I work as a software test engineer of HVAC products of one of the reputed company.

The expectation I had is to join this forum to know more about this domain and try to become not expert but atleast something

I did about 5 years install and then moved into chiller service. Spent 8 years with York then bailed once JCI wrecked the place and went to Trane, been here around 2 years now. I'm still mostly working on the York equipment but at least I'm able to branch out and learn a bit more here.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, Rapped up Hvac school about seven months ago and have been in the maintenance division for a large company here in town. I Just got the go ahead to start doing parts installs and service calls on a limited scale, so here we go. Let the madness begin!!

Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598 ... LastLast