Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226265666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1468

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes
    Being an HVAC tech can be very rewarding.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    I started out as a vending tech also 30 years ago. Now I work for an industrial company working on anything from window units to chillers. The trade is always changing.I think this will keep me more up to date with the new Equiptment.

Post Likes
    Cooltech... trying to help you out... just thought I would let you know. If you are posting in this section to get your post count up to become a Pro Member the Membership Committee will not use these post during your application process.

Grab some of the open forum tech areas threads and chat with the guys instead of the welcome area and all will be good.

Looking forward to you becoming a vetted Pro Member here and welcome aboard.

Post Likes
    Hey everyone my name is Shaun I'm 21, I've been full time as an apprentice now for a year and a half at big commercial/industrial hvacr service company. Also I am two classes away from having my HVAC associates degree in applied science. I think this site is a great tool and hope to be able to utilize all knowledge here as well as someday be as helpful to others as everyone on this site has been to me!

Post Likes
    Hello

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Is that: Royal Mounted Canadian Jacket ?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by rmcjacket23 View Post
    Hello
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I get to start at the bottom in the field but with the few jobs I've been fortunate to work on, making folks happy has been rewarding.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmic View Post
    Hey everyone my name is Shaun I'm 21, I've been full time as an apprentice now for a year and a half at big commercial/industrial hvacr service company. Also I am two classes away from having my HVAC associates degree in applied science. I think this site is a great tool and hope to be able to utilize all knowledge here as well as someday be as helpful to others as everyone on this site has been to me!
    That's one of the reasons I'm here as well. I have 3 classes in the spring and I get my degree. I would like to be employed before I graduate though.

Post Likes
    We got this super cold blast last week and bunch of no heat calls were flying in. Not the best day for my fingers & toes but troubleshooting these units, Im always asking for help or some guidance. Im still not able to trouble shoot on my own yet. Practice makes perfect I guess, Ill keep going at it. Hopefully, I can feel comfortable by mid spring & start doing calls solo.

How long did it take you guys to feel comfortable enough to start taking calls on your own?

Post Likes
    Trying to learn

Post Likes
    Sup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hi all. 23 year old 1st year in the UA local 136 Evansville IN. Started in the trade about a year and a half ago. Been laid off for about 3 months now hoping to go back to work soon...

Post Likes
    Well I have been some form of Technician since around 2005 from and electronic tech to appliance tech and now an HVAC tech. It all started when I joined the United States Coast Guard and became a electronic tech. I got to work on a machine gun called the CIWS. I got out and joined up with my brother and started fixing appliances. After a few years I decided to go back to school and become and HVAC tech. So I recently became certified DEC,2013 and moved to Austin, Texas now working for a company that fixes both appliance and A/C.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by htran2011 View Post
    We got this super cold blast last week and bunch of no heat calls were flying in. Not the best day for my fingers & toes but troubleshooting these units, Im always asking for help or some guidance. Im still not able to trouble shoot on my own yet. Practice makes perfect I guess, Ill keep going at it. Hopefully, I can feel comfortable by mid spring & start doing calls solo.

How long did it take you guys to feel comfortable enough to start taking calls on your own?

I started out as an installer and had a few years of experience doing that before I switched over to service and I guess that’s kinda cheating, but my boss only went out with me my first day as a service tech. Mostly he said he wanted to see how well I handled the customers. Like I said though I already knew a lot about how the systems were put together and I’d had to troubleshoot units that had had problems at start up. Something that I know helped me out a lot at first was that my boss would only send me to the calls that sounded like they would be easy on the phone. (Of course what sounds like an easy propane wall unit on the phone, might actually end up being a mini split system with some stupid board problem. It’s amazing how many people have no idea what type of system they have in their own home) but for the first few months anytime someone called us with any kind of a pilot issue it went straight to my bin. Things didn’t start getting real hard until we had our first heat wave that summer. Refrigeration is definitely my weak point. Everyone started out not knowing anyting and making mistake.

Post Likes
    I have been in the industry for under a year. I went to a 6 month career school where we spent half the day in the classroom and half of it in the shop. We learned quite a bit and got hands on over all the basics. For only 6 months, that was all I was after. I got lucky and a few months later, got a HVAC/R job with a restaurant chain. I was supposed to ride around for a few months with a guy who had 20 years experience and wanted things done the right way, the whole reason I took the job. That lasted four days. I have been running on my own since and that guy took a better job in November. I eventually broke that board I started banging my head against on that fifth day, turns out there was a brick wall behind it. With spikes.
    I have moments when I love this job, and weeks that I am certain I should sweeping floors somewhere. Rome wasn't built in a day, my ability to succeed in this industry won't be determined by a day either. Thank you to all the contributors.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDan View Post
    DeerHunter: Started in '75, boy is was old school. At our age it is almost imposible to fit in. Run up that ladder, yeah sure. But we ain't dead yet.

LOL......came close to it. Just seeing this as I have been away for quite some time. Have completely turned my health around and in best shape and health I have been in in 20 years or more. Can't wait for summer to climb on this bull for one last ride as I turn 55.

Post Likes
    new to forum. new job where i monitor building/facility environmentals. learning HVAC as part of the job.

Post Likes
    hello just started here been working a few years for a school district started when my heat went out at home and went to school using my gibill,got all the technical stuff done to get a certificate and now here i am on this forum

Post Likes
    Hello to you all hvac threaders

Post Likes
    So I'm sorry, how can I 'start' my own thread? I'd like to discuss the several heat pumps in southern MM that have been damaged due to our blizzard like conditions. With propane at $5.10/gal it's economical to run the heat pumps down as low as possible, but we've also had unseasonable weather. Any suggestions?

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226265666768697071727374 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in