Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all New Guests going Pro? Do not post equipment questions in this forum

Post Likes

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post

No, but she was holding some "jugs" though.
    So big deal I have them. Just try to replace a comp on a Trane with them in the way.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC-GIRL View Post
    So big deal I have them. Just try to replace a comp on a Trane with them in the way.

I bet that can be a problem!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Yea it’s not like if I could just through them over my shoulders to get them out of the way.
    It does help with tips.

Post Likes

First post

Hello everyone, Tom here for the first time and first post. In DFW Texas now but am a Florida boy. Been in the residential side for 8 years now. Looking to advance in my career. I look forward to gaining knowlage. Talk to you soon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TRobbii View Post
    Hello everyone, Tom here for the first time and first post. In DFW Texas now but am a Florida boy. Been in the residential side for 8 years now. Looking to advance in my career. I look forward to gaining knowlage. Talk to you soon.
    Welcome to the site,

Florida and Texas...must be nice, I got 8 to 10" of snow on the ground right now.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

Post Likes

Hello

I joined a few weeks ago just now posting here. My name is Tim, I have been a tech for 14 yrs. Started before that in the sheetmetal side for 4 yrs. I went to school in Central Community college in 96-97 then went to school at Eastern WY tech in Torrington WY. I joined here to learn and help with my new job. I work for Cabelas now as there HVAC tech at there headquarters. I had very little experiance with Trane voyagers, I am hoping to get some training when time permits, by reading threads here has helped me out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 06mstng View Post
    I joined a few weeks ago just now posting here. My name is Tim, I have been a tech for 14 yrs. Started before that in the sheetmetal side for 4 yrs. I went to school in Central Community college in 96-97 then went to school at Eastern WY tech in Torrington WY. I joined here to learn and help with my new job. I work for Cabelas now as there HVAC tech at there headquarters. I had very little experiance with Trane voyagers, I am hoping to get some training when time permits, by reading threads here has helped me out.
    Welcome Tim,

Glad to have you and you will get the info on the Voyager units in the pro forums....when you get pro membership.

Take care.

Post Likes

Snow?

Bein from FL is great but in texas we are on our 3rd winter storm right now. This stinks. I wish I could go back to FL!!

Post Likes

Hello

Here's a short intro. I have an electrical background from working in KC-130s in the Marine Corps and got an Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology. I was working in an unrelated field (Rebar Detailer) and when work slowed down I went back to school for HVAC.
    I did an internship about a year ago at a local company and they ended up hiring me on and giving me a truck after 4 days which was pretty scary. I got a certificate from the community college and would eventually like to complete the Associates. I love learning stuff which is why I joined this site. I want to learn as much as can from the experienced pros here. Hopefully I can get my post count up quickly so I can get to the good stuff.

Post Likes
    Bein from FL is great but in texas we are on our 3rd winter storm right now. This stinks. I wish I could go back to FL!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays3 View Post
    Here's a short intro. I have an electrical background from working in KC-130s in the Marine Corps and got an Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology. I was working in an unrelated field (Rebar Detailer) and when work slowed down I went back to school for HVAC.
    I did an internship about a year ago at a local company and they ended up hiring me on and giving me a truck after 4 days which was pretty scary. I got a certificate from the community college and would eventually like to complete the Associates. I love learning stuff which is why I joined this site. I want to learn as much as can from the experienced pros here. Hopefully I can get my post count up quickly so I can get to the good stuff.
    Welcome to the site...yeah the good stuff is behind the curtain.

Post Likes

HVAC

Is there anyone here in the DFW area that can recomend some good companies that I can apply at? I am currently a service manager at an apartment complex but I want to do HVAC full time. I have plenty of residential experiance and some commercial boiler exp as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
    Welcome to the site...yeah the good stuff is behind the curtain.
    Thanks. I got to go to a class a couple weeks ago. I thought it was great. It was basically about system audits and that a lot of installs use the wrong size copper for the length of run. Yesterday I went to a house where the air handler's dip switches were never set up properly. It was installed in '96. Then the homeowner installed a t-stat several years back and missed hooking up the heat strip for the aux/emer heat. His system is working well now.

Post Likes
    I was up that way for the snow/ice last weekend. That was fun. I'm not too familiar with any companies up there, but good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays3 View Post
    Thanks. I got to go to a class a couple weeks ago. I thought it was great. It was basically about system audits and that a lot of installs use the wrong size copper for the length of run. Yesterday I went to a house where the air handler's dip switches were never set up properly. It was installed in '96. Then the homeowner installed a t-stat several years back and missed hooking up the heat strip for the aux/emer heat. His system is working well now.
    Cool, sounds like good stuff!

Post Likes

As you may have guessed already, my name is John. I recently signed up on this forum to get advice and educate myself a little bit from other people in the same business.

I'm an HVAC apprentice for a small family company. I've been working along side my father-in-law for about 1.5 years. We do work on Commercial and Industrial buildings in the NJ/NY/CT area. We are based in NJ. I'm going to HVAC classes via supply stores and what not. Actual school will be coming soon. I can honestly say that the in-field experience is far more helpful than the classes but it never hurts.

I have the basics of HVAC components down pretty good. Electrical is not exactly my cup of tea, but I try. So yea there is a little about me and what I do. I hope I can learn from other people and maybe someday be the one to give advice to other newcomers.

Thanks,
    John

P.S. What does this mean?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS John View Post
    As you may have guessed already, my name is John. I recently signed up on this forum to get advice and educate myself a little bit from other people in the same business.

I'm an HVAC apprentice for a small family company. I've been working along side my father-in-law for about 1.5 years. We do work on Commercial and Industrial buildings in the NJ/NY/CT area. We are based in NJ. I'm going to HVAC classes via supply stores and what not. Actual school will be coming soon. I can honestly say that the in-field experience is far more helpful than the classes but it never hurts.

I have the basics of HVAC components down pretty good. Electrical is not exactly my cup of tea, but I try. So yea there is a little about me and what I do. I hope I can learn from other people and maybe someday be the one to give advice to other newcomers.

Thanks,
    John

P.S. What does this mean?
    Welcome John,

Glad to have you here. Get your posts up and apply for Pro membership. Keep learning that electrical...as you will need it.

Post Likes
    Thank you very much. I hope to be able to learn as much as possible about electrical. You can pipe in all the copper in the world, but without the electrical to run the system......well, you know. Last night I was actually out on a job at about 2200 working outside on the electrical of a system and found out what happens when a wire falls out of wire nut and grounds on the case. .
    Last edited by RMS John; 02-09-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Just an edit to text.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS John View Post
    Thank you very much. I hope to be able to learn as much as possible about electrical. You can pipe in all the copper in the world, but without the electrical to run the system......well, you know. Last night I was actually out on a job at about 2200 working outside on the electrical of a system and found out what happens when a wire falls out of wire nut and grounds on the case. .
    LOL, yeah...that is not good.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in